The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hello i'm new to TFF!

I bought a Mosin-Nagant awhile back and after sifting through pictures online to identify it, I'm still stumped about this odd "B" marking inside the right finger groove in front of the bolt. All of the serial numbers match but I've never seen this on any other Mosin and I can't find anything online about this. It's got the Ukrainian refurbish mark on the butt of the stock if that helps anything. Can anyone help? Am I in the right place?

20170102_215226.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
First off hello i'm new to TFF!

I bought a Mosin-Nagant awhile back and after sifting through pictures online to identify it, I'm still stumped about this odd "B" marking inside the right finger groove in front of the bolt. All of the serial numbers match but I've never seen this on any other Mosin and I can't find anything online about this. It's got the Ukrainian refurbish mark on the butt of the stock if that helps anything. Can anyone help? Am I in the right place?

View attachment 113527
Hello I have been checking on the letter B you inquired about. I found found some but they were in a circle one like that were made in the US.Others were on the receiver in a circle or diamond and some do not know where they came from . It could be Bulgaria I believe they were made there possibly for the Russians. I used to have a site until my computer crashed this site told you about every WW2 weapons and markings but can't find it. I would try the search engines for stock markings on the Mosin but if not try looking up a guy called Yooper John his e-mail is [email protected] He could help send him the picture. Best of luck Bill Z

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello I have been checking on the letter B you inquired about. I found found some but they were in a circle one like that were made in the US.Others were on the receiver in a circle or diamond and some do not know where they came from . It could be Bulgaria I believe they were made there possibly for the Russians. I used to have a site until my computer crashed this site told you about every WW2 weapons and markings but can't find it. I would try the search engines for stock markings on the Mosin but if not try looking up a guy called Yooper John his e-mail is [email protected] He could help send him the picture. Best of luck Bill Z
Thank you a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts