The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Receiver serial number puts this at Sept 1941 mfg. Not refinished, still some greentint parkerizing finish on metal- wood good, excellent function- fair bore, not the 1928-1940 Gas Trap but the later gas op. rod piston- No sling, enbloc clips, bayonet or any cleaning kit parts in buttstock cavity--has been field armorer fitted with the rear sight locking bar, has first series trigger guard w/o the hole in the rear for dis-assembly-- I'm thinking around $850 to $900-- Also have been advised, and Federal makes a 152 grain ball round- to the powder and pressure of the 1940's 30-=06 ball ammo-not always advised I hear to use current factory ammo in a Garand- is this true? If so, and you did, what possible damage to the rifle could be the result?

G

·
Gas pressure build up and possible damage to the OP Rod. I shoot whtever I want out of my 53 h&R , my Breda, and my 43 Winchester. I dont shoot my Springfield for sentimental reasons. debatable topic and you will get a buttload of opinions. I think they make a plug that will release the gasses if you are concerned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.