The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: I acquired a 1942 winchester '94 with a screw missing. It's on the upper front left side, 10-36 thread, maybe 5/32 long. I haven't found a readable schematic so I don't know what the screw is supposed to do. Maybe hold a "trigger stop" that's also mising, but there's no room on the inside because the breech bolt is flush w/ the inside and there's no clearance for anything. Does anyone know what it is & where I can get one. Thanks, Mous

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
8,069 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,931 Posts
This is for a post '64, could it be one of these? Pictures would be a big help. I'm having trouble understanding "upper front left side".

Line Technical drawing Auto part Parallel Diagram

Reactions: joe45c and One Shot

·
Banned
1,996 Posts
The screw on the left side of the gun at the top and front is a plug / retainer for the bolt to lever pin. It has a small hole aligned with it on the right side so you can drift out the pin. There is a small chance the pin could drift into the hole and jam the gun without the screw in place. In the just posted diagram it would be no. 22

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The screw on the left side of the gun at the top and front is a plug / retainer for the bolt to lever pin. It has a small hole aligned with it on the right side so you can drift out the pin. There is a small chance the pin could drift into the hole and jam the gun without the screw in place. In the just posted diagram it would be no. 22
thanks.

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
8,069 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.