1945 nagant

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

gpostal
    (8/31/01 5:47:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 1945 nagant
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i found this nagant today ,guy want 99.00 for it ,it looks in good shape ,action is really tight ,it comes with nice holster question is how much is it worth

this isn't the gun in the pic but the same kind ,i took this pic from a past auction on gb

Edited by: gpostal at: 8/31/01 6:48:29 pm

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/31/01 11:47:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 1945 nagant
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just bought my 37 Tula Nagant same condition, from SOG last week with Holster, cleaning rod, screwdriver, and lanyard for $49.99 BUT those deals have dried up, I just got lucky, it was like their last one they found in back...a few months ago EVERYBODY had them for $50, that's what he paid for it probably...

I just saw a 1930 on auction at GB with a bid of $125 tonite, with all the accessories I got.

Your 45 COULD bring more because it's a late WWII one, I think they quit making them in 45, but then again, earlier ones like from pre-WWI up to the early 30s bring a premium too...

I'd say it's worth for sure about that, $100...you can find them for a little less on the auctions, seem to get lots of bids if they start around $75, once in a while they bring $125 like the one above.

Check your e-mail, Dan...

Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

Edited by: polishshooter at: 9/1/01 12:48:36 am

MPinkston
    (9/1/01 9:30:49 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del 1945 nagant
    GP, is it an arsenal refurb? This could have some impact on value as a collectable. I bought 3 when they were $49 and sold the 1945 non-refurb and the 1944 refurb. I kept the 1905 non-refurb. If you ever run accross a pre-1898 one made in Belguim, GRAB IT.

polishshooter
    (9/1/01 8:19:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 1945 nagant
    M, how do you tell if it's a refurb, or is it obvious?

Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

MPinkston
    (9/1/01 10:54:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nagant Revolver
    If I remember correctly (as I no longer have a referb) the is an arnsel referb mark on the left side of the frame under the year of mfg. The symbol looks like the math symbol for pi. Two vertical lines with a horizontal line accross the top.

polishshooter
    (9/2/01 7:24:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Nagant Revolver
    Thanks, M.

By the way, my 1937 Tula has a Large "WR" stamped immediately above, and each letter is to the side of the top point of the star.

Don't know if it was put on at the same time, or earlier, as it is worn a little more than the star, but it is a stamping.

Nobody knows what it means, in fact that's the reason I got it...SOG got a shipment of them a while back and one of the employees saw the markings and "put it back" for himself. He was never able to find out what it was, and never bought it, and Cynthia in Shipping found it, I happened to ask at the right time, and I bought it, long after they were out of them...

But still haven't figured out the "WR" yet... "War Reserve?" "War Reject?" "Wasn't Refurbished?" Somebody's initials?

Looking at my '37, I have a mark under the date, looks like a square with a third vertical line down the middle, like a double single-hung window.

Is that a refurb mark?

MPinkston
    (9/2/01 11:40:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nagant Revolver
    Yes, that is it! I had it slightly incorrect, but I went back and looked at the photos I took while I had it. It is a factory refurb. As for WR, no clue. But check out this sight: www.geocities.com/pentagon/bunker/4064

polishshooter
    (9/3/01 9:40:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Nagant Revolver
    Ah yes, the circle goes around. Njanear's was the FIRST CR page I found after I got my CRFFL about a year ago, right after Cruffler.com. It used to be in my "favorites," but I blew my computer twice since then and lost it, but it has a GREAT links page, and some of them are old standbys for me...thanks, it's now back in my favorites!