The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
New guy here, I posted my story over in general discussions along with some pic's and have pretty much through some searching on here and other sites, identified my shotguns heritage, but would like to know the approximate value of it.
The gun has been in the family since new and I have no intentions on changing that , I know it needs to be cleaned up and tested...as it's been stored for probably close to 35 yrs without any maintenance, other than cleaned and oiled when it was put away.
Thanks in advance for your input!!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Assuming it hasn't been reblued--according to the 2012 Standard Catalog of Firearms--in good to very good condition, it is worth $450-$600. 12 gauge is least desireable. 20 gauge and 16 gauge bring 20% premiums as does a vented rib.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming it hasn't been reblued--according to the 2012 Standard Catalog of Firearms--in good to very good condition, it is worth $450-$600. 12 gauge is least desireable. 20 gauge and 16 gauge bring 20% premiums as does a vented rib.
never been reblued, forgive my novice knowledge here....could you explain "vented rib" :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
Yours does not have the rib that is on top of the barrel that goes from the receiver to muzzle.(vent rib)
This is the light so It's value is.
60%-$340
70%-$370
80%-$390
90%-$450
95%-$525
98%-$650
100%-$775
The condition of your's puts it in(or around) the 60%-70% with out having it my hands it is hard to tell.It does have dents, scratches and pitting.
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
A vented rib is on top of the barrel and is used as a sight line.
This is one on this shotgun.They can look differant but this should give you the idea.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Values vary from source to source and area to area; mine shows a NIB value of $895; Goofy lists one in 100% condition at $775 (assuming without the box). Ultimately, it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. This gun has some age on it and has seen use, but it is in remarkably good shape. Since you plan on keeping it, I'd insure it on the high end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts