The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Garandaholic
9,423 Posts

·
Garandaholic
9,423 Posts
@CCHolderinMaine the body shop is going to spray a few colors on sample boards so we can get a better feel for the actual colors before we paint.
That's the way to go. Good that they're willing to. So many just make you pick from the book.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
I had a '90 F250 up till we moved out of komifornia. In that year, Ford had dipped the body in some super primer that paint would not stick to. If upon testing, the paint peeled off, Ford would repaint the vehicle. I got a free paint job on Ford's dime and they did an excellent job. Took all the chrome off, lights removed, etc.
The fuel transfer was a switch on the dash so it must have been a electric solenoid of some sort but I never had problems with it. I had the 460 motor with a 3:73 rear end so I got pretty good mileage. Driving the daughter to college in WA, on the highway, I could get 17MPG.
Good truck I wish I still had it so I could tow a bigger boat.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I had a '90 F250 up till we moved out of komifornia. In that year, Ford had dipped the body in some super primer that paint would not stick to. If upon testing, the paint peeled off, Ford would repaint the vehicle. I got a free paint job on Ford's dime and they did an excellent job. Took all the chrome off, lights removed, etc.
The fuel transfer was a switch on the dash so it must have been a electric solenoid of some sort but I never had problems with it. I had the 460 motor with a 3:73 rear end so I got pretty good mileage. Driving the daughter to college in WA, on the highway, I could get 17MPG.
I had a 1988 Chevy Sportvan 3/4 ton with green and sliver paint. Guess about same thing, sliver paint just peel, flake and left a very thin to no primer under it.

·
9,352 Posts
To get good fuel mileage with a 460 and 3:73 gears you must have had overdrive.

·
Registered
300 Posts
As some know I have an old Ford truck and well?? Finally decided to fix the old girl up. It’s been a good truck and with only 75K original miles I thought it worth the investment, especially after seeing the price of new trucks. I’m finding some parts aren’t very easy to come by, especially with the fuel system which is confusing. The owners manual states it has 22 and 18.2 gallon fuel tanks (which doesn’t match the info parts houses have) and my thought was while they have the bed off for painting I’d change out the fuel pump assemblies which coincidentally one of the tanks, the rear one, has crapped out....or so I thought. Now I’m learning there is a “fuel tank selector valve” which is more apt to be the culprit especially since I can hear bough pumps pressurizing the system. Ugh. Good news is the body shop where it’s being painted has a mechanic and the owner told me that they’d help me figure it all out and get things squared away. Meanwhile here are some pictures which I’ll update when it’s al finished. Didn’t think so at first but this is kind of fun, collecting parts and all to get it looking and running good again.
...1990 is "old"......I'm OLD! :(
Anyway, just wanted to say that's a nice truck you've got.
Makes my heart sing to see someone appreciate a good thing when they've got it.
I hope it lasts you another 30 years.
Way to go, dude. :thumbsup:

·
GUNZILLA
6,231 Posts
If I had your truck I would go pearl white with candy apple red. I love that combination of color.

Reactions: Firpo

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
She's looking better and better!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts