The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
LOL, yeah. Truck is from the 90's but the cap is a holdover from the 80's
The cap has made the truck far more useful for it's intended purpose over the last 30 years. Every bit as much so now, as it did when I installed it back in 1991. I have a removable carpet kit installed in it. Something I could not have with an open bed. I've never not been able to haul large heavy items, (like the big roller cabinet and 55" TV you see in the photo), because of it.

I also use this truck to go to and from the range several times a week. It keeps guns, ammunition, etc. protected from any weather, and keeps them out of sight, and out of mind. It's not a work truck, which is why it looks like it does, after over 160,000 miles. And as far as "style", I couldn't care less. Those stupid step sides you couldn't fit a shopping cart into, are about as useless as they come..... But they're, "in style". Or at least they were 15 minutes ago. Truck "styles" change about as much as women's fashion.

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
The cap has made the truck far more useful for it's intended purpose over the last 30 years. Every bit as much so now, as it did when I installed it back in 1991. I have a removable carpet kit installed in it. Something I could not have with an open bed. I've never not been able to haul large heavy items, (like the big roller cabinet and 55" TV you see in the photo), because of it.

I also use this truck to go to and from the range. It keeps guns, ammunition, etc. protected from any weather, and keeps them out of sight, and out of mind. It's not a work truck, which is why it looks like it does, after over 160,000 miles. And as far as "style", I couldn't care less. Those stupid step sides you couldn't fit a shopping cart into, are about as useless as they come..... But they're, "in style". Or at least they were 15 minutes ago. Truck "styles" change about as much as women's fashion.
I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anybody was trying to insult you. Just poking some fun at the styles of the times.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
I like the caps. I was thinking of getting one for my Big Ram.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts