The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
I know the feeling Kevin, I started reloading a few years back and your heart starts pumping when you shoot your 1st reload. I was so nervous that I missed the target completely on my 1st shot, afraid I had a squib I went to the range officer and asked if he had a wooden dowel rod to check my 30-30. We pulled it down and ran the rod through it with no problems. The next shot I fired I used a lead sled and they were very accurate loads. :)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I know the feeling Kevin, I started reloading a few years back and your heart starts pumping when you shoot your 1st reload. I was so nervous that I missed the target completely on my 1st shot, afraid I had a squib I went to the range officer and asked if he had a wooden dowel rod to check my 30-30. We pulled it down and ran the rod through it with no problems. The next shot I fired I used a lead sled and they were very accurate loads. :)
That's funny.

·
Registered
19,150 Posts
my first relaod was with 30-06 and I thry my bullet resistant vest over the bolt action and used a string/roppe arangement to pull the trigger while standing on the left side.. and not behind the bolt. gun was fixed in a shooting sled.

no probs.. not as exciting after the first time.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.