The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fired my first reloads yesterday...still have 10 fingers...still have my WHOLE face...still can see...woohoo for me.

kevinh

·
Registered
898 Posts
I know the feeling Kevin, I started reloading a few years back and your heart starts pumping when you shoot your 1st reload. I was so nervous that I missed the target completely on my 1st shot, afraid I had a squib I went to the range officer and asked if he had a wooden dowel rod to check my 30-30. We pulled it down and ran the rod through it with no problems. The next shot I fired I used a lead sled and they were very accurate loads. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great! I fired my first a few weeks ago and You always wonder if they will function the gun or blow it up even though you went with good safe data from a book. Now If I could just find more primers.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Congrats guys on your success and keeping all your digits intact. Use good sence and safty first and you will be ok.

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
I know the feeling Kevin, I started reloading a few years back and your heart starts pumping when you shoot your 1st reload. I was so nervous that I missed the target completely on my 1st shot, afraid I had a squib I went to the range officer and asked if he had a wooden dowel rod to check my 30-30. We pulled it down and ran the rod through it with no problems. The next shot I fired I used a lead sled and they were very accurate loads. :)
That's funny.

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
my first relaod was with 30-06 and I thry my bullet resistant vest over the bolt action and used a string/roppe arangement to pull the trigger while standing on the left side.. and not behind the bolt. gun was fixed in a shooting sled.

no probs.. not as exciting after the first time.. :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
I still get the buterflies every time i go out to shoot my loads! Its just a goooooood! feeling even after 12+ years at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts