The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Christmas gift from my wife just arrived. I asked for a shoulder holster for my 1911. I did the research and told her "this one". I picked out an Alien Gear cloak holster. I knew from my last experience with Alien Gear that it would take some time to adjust and figure out how to use. It took me an hour to get it how I felt it was right. I had to make a compromise that I might change going forward. To make it conceal everything well, I had to set the holster to a vertical position. Any other position is looked like I had really bad scoliosis with the way things stuck out on the side. My only concern is that the vertical position is perhaps the hardest to draw from. I will change it 100 times before I am settled I am sure, but for now, I an happy.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Not bad ! I picked up a vest that has a pocket for a holster that sits about rib high I carry my 1911 in . Not perfect but works . I most of the time carry outside the waist band with my shirt hanging over it . Had someone at church spot it few weeks back and were surprised when told her I had been carry it that way for few years . I had come back from bathroom to Sunday school class and my shirt was on the inside of the butt of the hand gun . May have to really think about a shoulder holster like yours . Let us know how you still like it after wearing it for awhile .

·
Registered
962 Posts
My favorite shoulder holster is the GI M3 which carries the pistol ready for use and most comfortable while carrying yet Not very conceal able

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts
It looks good and Alien Gear make some fine products.

I have had a few different shoulder rigs but could never get them to feel right.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Looks good, You might try a size larger on the shirts when they are washed they may shrink down to just the right fit. Also the leather looks stiff once it molds to your body It may not print as much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts