Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

2 Guns, Not enough knowledge to identify.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by LoganOfToronto, Dec 27, 2015.

1. LoganOfToronto

LoganOfToronto New Member

My Grandfather just passed away and left me his guns (I think because I was in the Armed forces).
    I hope to sell them and help my grandmother pay what is becoming a large financial undertaking

Does anyone have the knowledge to identify these 2 guns and what they are worth?

Details:
    -The pistol I don't think is a replica, Looks Much older then the blunderbuss also
    -The pistols gold design is metal wire inside the wood. On the handle it is raised out of the wood

-The blunderbuss says "Paris" in the middle
    -The blunderbuss has Green stuff inside
    -The blunderbuss Screws look to be part of the metal

The last 2 images are of the blunderbuss
    I don't need exact value I just don't want to get ripped off at a store (Moneys going to a good cause)

Attached Files:

2. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

Neither piece is real and they don't have much value, the pistol is made from welded steel tubing and is of modern manufacture, they didn't have electric arc welding before the 20th century, the blunderbuss is made from pot metal and brass plated.

3. LoganOfToronto

LoganOfToronto New Member

Ok thank you.

4. sschrad

sschrad Member

I agree with Grizzley1, They are reproductions. You can see where the metal is "roughed" up and it is shinier than the rest of it and also on the screws in the actual flintlock mechanism. The barrel of the blunderbuss actually has flash on it, definitely a sign of something that was cast.

5. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Definitely decorations.