20 Americans held hostage

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Apr 8, 2009.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I don't know if this belongs in the constitutional or not politically correct forum or here, so please move as necessary.

So the Somali pirates are holding more American hostages. I wonder how long we are going to allow this to continue. Whatever we are doing it isn't enough. This is the sixth ship hijacked this week.

One of the earliest uses of U.S. Marines was fighting the barbary pirates. That's the same bunch we're dealing with now. They should be putting a few well armed Marines on each of these ships and blow them out of the water if they approach. Secondly it's long past time for an invasion to strike at the home of these animals. I still want payback for what was done to our Rangers and Delta forces in '93. We should have wiped the ba*%$rds out then.

2. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Those 20 hostages are union members. They are also mandated by their employer to be victims. (IE no weapons allowed)

I don’t understand why ships that go into ‘that‘ part of the world are not armed.
    But I guess that answer could be summarized in one word, liberals.

So how did a group of twenty disarmed people get control of the ship back?
    My guess, a SEAL team.

3. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

Looks like the crew knew better than to wait for this particular administration to react. Americans doing what Americans do best:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30103371/

One pirate in custody after first hostage-taking of U.S. sailors in 200 years

Crew regains control of hijacked ship

April 8: NBC's Jim Miklaszewski reports the U.S. crew of the hijacked Maersk Alabama has regained control of their ship, with one pirate remaining aboard in custody.

NAIROBI, Kenya - Pentagon officials said Wednesday that the American crew of a U.S.-flagged cargo ship had retaken control from Somali pirates who hijacked the vessel far off the Horn of Africa.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because information was still preliminary. But they said the hijacked crew had apparently contacted the private company that operates the ship.

NBC News reported that none of the American citizens were injured.

4. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Excellent news!

5. Deathbunny

Deathbunny Former Guest

We'll "allow it" until the American public cares. It's too far away and most people don't give a damn. If there's anyone else here who was in uniform during the "Blackhawk Down" era, they'll remember most Americans simply didn't give a sh*t. I remember people asking "Where's Somalia?" and "What are we doing in Africa?" Our soldiers died and the response was, "Screw it. Let's leave."

And, although no one likes to admit it, we're stretched kinda thin. The world is very large. East Africa is a loooooong way away, and we've got troops all over. Moreover, these are PIRATES. They don't have a home. They operate from villages up and down the coast. Burn one and there's 2 more 20 miles away. They may not have a pot to piss in, but every damn one of 'em has an AK or an RPG.
    The only way to end piracy is to make piracy more dangerous than rewarding -- which, so far, hasn't happened.

P.S. Barbary pirates were in North Africa -- in Algeria and Tunisia, not Somalia.

6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I espacially like to hear that our Clown In Chief was watching the sitution closely,Why!!! To see if he knew any of the Pirates. I bet they were realatives of his.

7. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

By the sounds of it all so far, I’m happy to say that I was wrong. Those crew members did take the ship back all by themselves!!

Well good for them!!!!!! Ohhh ra too!

Now all we have to do is get the Captain back. The USS Bainbridge is on the way!

Quite correct Deathbunny, Tripoli to be exact.

As to the extent of the other things you were saying is also true. Northern Africa is a hot bed for terrorism. To be exact, Africa is the new and growing home for Al-Qaida and other terrorist organizations.

To bad Obomba doesn’t see this, even though many, many terrorist experts are all saying the same thing. What a shame, as is Obomba. In the mean time he will focus all of his attention the ‘real’ war on terrorism, or whatever he wants to call it, only on Afghanistan.

Ugly, that was funny as hell.

8. bigbore480

bigbore480 Member

the Somalia government is either behind or allowing the pirates to operate. could a group of pirates operate off the coast of california without our government nowing about it ? maybe take out a government building every time they take a ship. it would not be long before it stopped.

9. topper

topper New Member

the 'clown in chief ', IMO, is guilty of treason. when he learned of this attack on americans, no matter where in the world, he should have ordered total anninalation of those pirates. this is serious business and it's attacking americans and american business. there is no reason for negoations, just blow the bas***ds outta the water NOW! why does our government let a handful of thugs and pirates do this to shame america even worse? what are ya waiting for mr. prez? :mad:

10. Deathbunny

Deathbunny Former Guest

The sad truth is there is no Somali government. Seriously. It's gone. All that's left are competing warlords among the 4 main factions. Hell, the capital is over 600 miles from the northern coast (where many of the pirates are).

We'd have to take over large areas of the country, and we saw how well that went over with the public in 1993.

11. yellerdawg

yellerdawg Former Guest

Pardon me for opinionating here. Is sad about that area and its people. And I also cant stand it when terrorists and thugs practice kidnapping and pirating.

Please someone tell me if Im wrong , but being very serious here.

These ships , regardless of registry , are operating in "international waters " I thought, subject to maritime laws.

Is not , "blackwater" or similiar for hire professionals missing out on a perfect revenue and media prize.... I mean , with figuring in the budgets for theses shipping magnots, is it not very much a plus for them to say , have a 3 man team in shift work , armed with a legally purchased shoulder mount " who shot John " system(s) be ready for this trash when it comes towards ship(s).

All the bridge has to do , is switch on recording of audio and cctv when and if these trash show up , then skipper can give the nod to " remove debri " from alongside , and with recorded proof , even the soon to upshoot " somali pirates rights groups " that will obviously come about , wont have much of a leg to stand on....

And although this is shameful , is also shameful of crime thugs in our own backyard , as to pirating.

I am ashamed almost too much to pass on that , there have been instances of " car jacking " here in NJ so bad , it is shameful.

I have actually had a friend fly in to Newark sevreral years ago, and while we were having a beer, he laughed and showed me one of the little area maps you get from "National " car rental at counter , and he showed me several "pen circled " places on map. He said " when girl gave me keys and paperwork, she took this map and circled intersections saying , dont stop here , here , here , etc at traffic lights , or you WILL be carjacked most likely...." This is a true story , shameful. But I still would advertise myself to shipping if I were blackwater or similiar.

12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

$2 million ransom for Captain? How much ordinance will that put into pirates home port after U.S. Marines clear town. Hope they don,t take too many pirates prisoner. Wishful thinking with Odama giving orders. "Millions for defence but not one cent for tribute." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  13. topper

topper New Member

i finially figgered it out! Odumma is busy printing more money so he can give that to the pirates to go away. maybe he figgeres they are hapless victims of circumstances and they are making a desperate cry for help ...or some such silly sh*t like that.

Keep both barrels loaded!