The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 3 or 4 months of 2020 was very good for me in the ntm gun department. A model94 3030, my Enfield the Taurus 38. I usually have to wait more than a year between guns. Now in 2021 I will finally be able to get a .30 Carbine (if I can find one an M1C, if not an Auto Ordinance).

·
Premium Member
19,603 Posts
No guns for me in 2020. Guns are still sold out around here. There is nothing left to buy.

·
GUNZILLA
6,478 Posts
I’m not buying any guns now, but I am thinking of sending my Colt Python to get restored and have it case harden to ..........having a senior moment, cannot remember the name of the company that does this. Turn bull or something like that.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
gvw3 kinda depends around here our walmart 6 guns in the case the walmart in the next county fully stocked gun case. I havnt been to the gun shop in awhile, havnt had any disposible income so walmart is my only reference point

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
2020 was a boon year for us. We are both on disability and have learned to live on what we get so when she started getting unexpected monthly installments on her back pay it was just extra money to get some things we needed and some to play with. She is a relatively new shooter and she wanted a gun of her own so she drug me kicking and screaming to the gun store :ROFLMAO: . She bought a S&W EZ 9 and she knew I had been wanting an AR so she bought me one. After that she got the bug. She now has six handguns of her own and her own AR. I ended the year with four handguns and an AR. So all told we bought 12 guns last year. We are fortunate that our LGS has plenty of guns and ammo in stock and they're not trying to gouge anybody.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
gvw3 kinda depends around here our walmart 6 guns in the case the walmart in the next county fully stocked gun case. I havnt been to the gun shop in awhile, havnt had any disposible income so walmart is my only reference point
I heard and read that Walmart is discontinue their firearms sale. I didn’t read or hear about Walmart discontinuing to sell ammo, or if this is all Walmart stores or select ones.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
2020 was good to me in the gun department.

I bought:
Ruger Mark IV Target
Colt 9mm Gold Cup Trophy 1911
Pietta Remington 1858 New Model Army

The Colt is now by far the most expensive gun I own.

I also brought home a few long guns from my folks:
Remington 870 12 gauge (Mine)
Browning Auto 5 12 gauge (Grandpa’s)
Marlin .22LR (My brother’s)
Knight Wolverine 209 .50 cal BP rifle (My brother’s)

Unfortunately, they were all lost in a terrible boating accident.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Ruger 57, awsome gun with a crappy trigger. Spongy finger pincher
Ruger old Army made in 1976, pristine without any cylinder drag mark, purdy old gun
Ruger MK IV 10” Target accurate despite the disappointing trigger

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Guns I bought in 2020, Remington 700 ADL
Remington 11/87 20 gauge
Savage A-17's (2)
Browning BPS 12 gauge
I wouldn't have purchased any of them, but they were practically giving them away. All of them are new in the box and all but the BPS came from Walmart. I forgot a Remington 597 for $49.00

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have enough and the goobermint is not getting any taxes I can avoid.
It's all need vs want here now.

·
Premium Member
12,384 Posts
If looked at strictly through the lens of firearms acquisition then 2020 was a banner year for me. I inherited 5, none of which really interest me;
Winchester Model 1200 or 1400, 12 ga.
Remington 22 on the Browning patent, Speedmaster?
S&W Mod 15
S&W Mod 36
S&W Mod 66 Mo. State Hwy. Patrol 50 yr. commemorative with knife

Bought three, they are all interesting!
1849 Colt Baby Dragoon
Vierordt double rifle, SXS, 8 X 65R Brenneke
Merkel O/U double rifle in 8 X 60R Magnum

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
If looked at strictly through the lens of firearms acquisition then 2020 was a banner year for me. I inherited 5, none of which really interest me;
Winchester Model 1200 or 1400, 12 ga.
Remington 22 on the Browning patent, Speedmaster?
S&W Mod 15
S&W Mod 36
S&W Mod 66 Mo. State Hwy. Patrol 50 yr. commemorative with knife
Any one of those S&W models would have interested me! Nothing like a good old fashioned .38 Special.

·
Premium Member
12,384 Posts
I just about wore out a Mod. 15 I shot it so much. I've lost any interest in what can be done with the cartridge or revolver. That they're both excellent is beyond question. I'm just weary of the boredom with them, there's nothing left of interest I can do with them. Some cartridges capture and hold your attention for your lifetime. The 38 Spl. and .357 are not one of those for me.

·
Super Moderator
26,948 Posts
The only firearm that I purchased this past year, Bersa 380. I did aquire a large ring mauser rebarreled in 6mm Rem.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I was a bad boy in 2020, I didn't buy or build any guns and Santa didn't put one in my stocking.:cry: I have had to feed my gun building addiction by following T1's custom roller build thread. I'm a jealous bad boy, not that I need a custom rolling block, I just want to build one lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bought 2. A Browning A5 12ga. 1957 serial number just happened to be the same year I was born. Also a Ruger Wrangler 22lr, that I want new grips for. Just waiting for Altamont to get them in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
i am a bit foggy after my boating accident new years eve. if memory can recall; rolling blocks, after 2019 i think i got the bug and found two more, but the rest of the story is i scoped two rollers with period correct scopes. Malcolm vintage scopes. then spent most of my shooting and gun fondling time trying different powders and loads for each. isolation time in the loading room and shooting bench was OK. much better than going blind in front of a TV or exceeding quality time with Pat. there are pictures some place on this forum.....maybe, foggy memory.

rick

1 - 20 of 43 Posts