The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
13,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a game we shot at the 2018, 2019 and 2020 TN TFF Rendezvous

Anna, Val's @gvw3 wife won it in 2018.

@tuckerd1 won it in 2019. Probably because Anna's rifle came up lame. pssst...I think George, @gdmoody sabotaged Anna's rifle because he finished second to her in 2018 after he setup her rifle scope. ;) ;)

In 2020, George, @gdmoody, won the first match and Brayden, Bill's @howlnmad grandson, won the second match.

We will try it again in 2021 in Tennessee. Maybe we can get some prizes donated for the top 3 shooters. George has already donated a bucket of 22LR bullets

Cricket Match Scoring/Rules

The scoreboard is set up with a 3 column layout with the dartboard numbers 15-20 and bulls eye that need to be scored. None of the other numbers on the board count in this game and should be considered a miss, but will count as a shot if hit. The numbers and bulls eye are considered open until they have been shot for 3 points. Once you have shot 3 points on a number or bulls eye, move on to the next number.

The center bulls eye counts as 2 points.
The outer (ring) bulls eye counts as 1 point.
The triple ring counts as 3 points.
The double ring counts as 2 points.
The single rings count as 1 point.

View attachment 191230

It takes a minimum of 8 shots to score 3 points on every number for a perfect target. That would equal one triple ring hit on each number, plus a center bulls eye hit twice, or center bulls eye hit once and outer bulls eye hit once.

The match will be shot at 25 yards with any type 22LR rifle or handgun, with any type sights/scope you choose. You will have 10 minutes to complete your target. The winner of a match will be decided by the shooter that shoots 3 points on each number and bulls eye with the least number of shots.

If two or more shooters tie with the same number of shots (without shooting a perfect score) then the tie breaker will be determined by the bulls eye points made. Whoever hit the center bulls eye twice (4 points) will win the game. Should two or more shooters still tie in this manner, then a shoot off will be shot again at 25 yards.

If two or more shooters tie with a perfect score of 8 shots, then the tie breaker will be determined by the bulls eye points made. Whoever hit the center bulls eye twice (4 points) will win the match. Should one or more shooters still tie in this manner, there will be a shoot off at 50 yards between those shooters. You will have 5 minutes to complete your target in all shoot offs.

This is the target we will be using. It is 11"x17". They can be purchased at http://www.ez2ctargets.com/Item/15 25 targets for 9.95 if you want to practice.

View attachment 191242

LET'S GO BURN SOME POWDER!!!
:machinegunner:

·
Premium Member
20,481 Posts
My wife insisted I order some of those targets for her to practice. She has been beating me all year so far. I was glad to hear it's at 25 yards. 50 would be pretty dismal for me.

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,439 Posts
This is a game we shot at the 2018 and 2019 TN TFF Rendezvous

Anna, Val's @gvw3 wife won it in 2018.

@tuckerd1 won it in 2019. Probably because Anna's rifle came up lame. pssst...I think George, @gdmoody sabotaged Anna's rifle because he finished second to her in 2018 after he setup her rifle scope. ;) ;)

In 2020, George, @gdmoody, won the first match and Brayden, Bill's @howlnmad grandson, won the second match.

We will try it again in 2021 in Tennessee. Maybe we can get some prizes donated for the top 3 shooters. George has already donated a bucket of 22LR bullets

Cricket Match Scoring/Rules

The scoreboard is set up with a 3 column layout with the dartboard numbers 15-20 and bulls eye that need to be scored. None of the other numbers on the board count in this game and should be considered a miss, but will count as a shot if hit. The numbers and bulls eye are considered open until they have been shot for 3 points. Once you have shot 3 points on a number or bulls eye, move on to the next number.

The center bulls eye counts as 2 points.
The outer (ring) bulls eye counts as 1 point.
The triple ring counts as 3 points.
The double ring counts as 2 points.
The single rings count as 1 point.

View attachment 191230

It takes a minimum of 8 shots to score 3 points on every number for a perfect target. That would equal one triple ring hit on each number, plus a center bulls eye hit twice, or center bulls eye hit once and outer bulls eye hit once.

The match will be shot at 25 yards with any type 22LR rifle or handgun, with any type sights/scope you choose. You will have 10 minutes to complete your target. The winner of a match will be decided by the shooter that shoots 3 points on each number and bulls eye with the least number of shots.

If two or more shooters tie with the same number of shots (without shooting a perfect score) then the tie breaker will be determined by the bulls eye points made. Whoever hit the center bulls eye twice (4 points) will win the game. Should two or more shooters still tie in this manner, then a shoot off will be shot again at 25 yards.

If two or more shooters tie with a perfect score of 8 shots, then the tie breaker will be determined by the bulls eye points made. Whoever hit the center bulls eye twice (4 points) will win the match. Should one or more shooters still tie in this manner, there will be a shoot off at 50 yards between those shooters. You will have 5 minutes to complete your target in all shoot offs.

This is the target we will be using. It is 11"x17". They can be purchased at http://www.ez2ctargets.com/Item/15 25 targets for 9.95 if you want to practice.

View attachment 191242

LET'S GO BURN SOME POWDER!!!
:machinegunner:
I like those targets, so I just bought some for my use! I used to play real Cricket in a couple of dart leagues, and I enjoy it far more than the '01 games. I'm curious though; is there a reason that the shooting game isn't scored the same as the original darts game? I wish I could attend, but I blew my fun budget for the year in WA. But one of these years, I'll make it out there, just to shoot the game!

·
Administrator
13,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm curious though; is there a reason that the shooting game isn't scored the same as the original darts game?
I'm just trying to see who can close out the board with the least number of shots. Any shots over 8 can count against you. I would have to do math to score it like the original. ;) This keeps it simple in a range setting.

·
Super Moderator
29,422 Posts
I used to play real Cricket in a couple of dart leagues, and I enjoy it far more than the '01 games. I'm curious though; is there a reason that the shooting game isn't scored the same as the original darts game?
It sort of is, we just don't run up points. You must triple on the BE, 20, 19 ,18, 17, 16 and 15. The fields on the numbers are worth 1, the outer ring is 2 and the inner ring is worth 3, while the center bull is 2 and the small ring around it is 1

1 - 20 of 56 Posts