The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Can someone post a "shot" target. I am cornfused as all get out
Do you mean one that has been shot? I don't have one.

Imagine one hole in the triple ring of 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. Then 2 holes in the bullseye. That is a perfect score.

Another option
Imagine one hole in the triple ring of 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20. Then 1 hole in the bullseye and another in the outer bullseye ring. That is also perfect score, but the first option is a tie breaker should one shooter score the first and another scores the second.

It only takes 8 shots for a perfect score.

·
Super Moderator
43,364 Posts
I have pictures of the targets set up ready to be shot but none of after being shot.

I can go out and get one and punch holes in it to show you, if that would help!!

·
Super Moderator
43,364 Posts
I went to the range this morning, I took one of the targets with me to shoot so I could maybe help people understand the scoring. Well anyway, I shot one, and I am going to have to do a lot than this for it to be a winning target:

This target has 13 holes in it. See the hole in the #5, that is a totally wasted shot, counts for nothing. My first shot was at the bullseye but shot high and hit in the lower part of #20/#1. My second shot is the one in #5 about 3/4 of an inch from the inner 20 ring that I was shooting at. After those two shots, I quit and re-zeroed the scope. Each of the holes in the #20 is worth 1 point. The holes in the #15, #16, and #19 are worth 3 points each. My first shots at the #17 and #18 did touch the edge of the triple but I wasn't sure if just touching it would be counted as 3 points so I fired the second shots which for sure are 3 points each. Both of the shots on the 20 also just barely touched the triple ring (one high, one low),but again, wasn't sure of the scoring.

You have to have three points for each of the 15 through 20 and then two bullseyes. Here is the same target, to which I have added the number of points for each hole, hopefully it is understandable:

I did not circle or mark the second hole in the #17 or #18.

·
Super Moderator
29,451 Posts
George, what scope are you using?

Reactions: Ms. Mad

·
Super Moderator
43,364 Posts
Allright boys and girls - read'em and weep. This was shot this morning - I do believe it is a perfect score - 8 rounds:
Font Indoor games and sports Recreation Circle Dartboard

2 in the bullseye and 1 each in 15 thru 20 triple ring.

I am still not 100% sure if that bull is worth 2 points or 3 points. I put a second one there just in case it was 2!!

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
That's some shootin' George!

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,722 Posts
George...wow, just wow!

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Good shooting George! Perfect score!! The center bull is only 2. You did right shooting it twice.

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
We may need to discuss rule about cutting lines. Your 20 is over half way over the line into the 1 point range. Are we going to count it as 3 points or 1 point? We need to decide before match.

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Can someone post a "shot" target. I am cornfused as all get out
@Lugnut here is a shot target.

Allright boys and girls - read'em and weep. This was shot this morning - I do believe it is a perfect score - 8 rounds:
View attachment 258526
2 in the bullseye and 1 each in 15 thru 20 triple ring.

I am still not 100% sure if that bull is worth 2 points or 3 points. I put a second one there just in case it was 2!!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts