The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just came back from Bass Pro in Foxboro, MA,and Walmart in Walpole MA out of .22s and they have no idea when the next shipment comes in.:mad: Cliff

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah it's strange. My Walmart up here in Maine has tons for some reason but everyone seems to be having trouble finding it. I mean do people really think the .22 lr/mag will be outlawed? Come on people.....

People need to relax!!

And why the heck can't these companies keep with with demand they should be able to crank those damn things out like chickletts.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Same here in Oklahoma. I'm pretty sure the .22lr isn't going to be banned, but the new gun sheeple are going nuts for anything that goes bang! Baah, baah, baah! I hope the hoarders are stuck with thousands of rounds of overpriced ammo when this is all said and done.:mad:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Came back from Dicks in Dedham,Ma today 1/22/13 with with 3 bricks of CCI SV, and 2 boxes of .40 S&W.They are pretty well supplied for now! Paid 30 bucks a brick & 17bucks for the blazer .40.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Yep, can't find any around here south of St. Louis, or online either. I'm ok for about a year or so though, was just checking it out. I usually grab a box of 50 every time I went into walmart or my local suppliers, did that all last summer so have a .50 cal can brim full, not even sure how much is in there, I know I bought three bricks last summer on sale, plus a load of individual boxes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah that's the way to do it More. Just buy in bulk when it's cheaper than dirt whether you need it or not. That's gonna be my strategy going forward.

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
walmart here has some more shot shells.. 7-8-6.. a few slugs.. some 410 and 12g and few 20's.

2 boxes of 45acp, a box of 270 and 243.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Relax and back order where you can to hold your price before it goes up.
And then wait for the Fed EX man.
All thing come from Fed Ex for those who wait on Cabelas

·
Armed Infidel
1,470 Posts
Relax and back order where you can to hold your price before it goes up.
And then wait for the Fed EX man.
All thing come from Fed Ex for those who wait on Cabelas
Thats what I just did on Cabelas. Ordered a few "bricks" .22 LR which is on 4-5 week back order.

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts
Why do you think folks are out buying up guns, and ammo? It's because they believe/think that Obozo will ban both guns, and ammo. I don't think that it's only the average citizen, but the gun, and ammo manufactures are afraid of the same thing. Suppose Obozo bans the amount of ammo you can have, ammo manufactures that are burning up their equipment just might get stuck with a ton of ammo that they can no longer sell. If I was making ammo, and worried about this, I would be making a lot less ammo, just barely keeping up with demand.

What's happening right now is that some of us have been stocking up for years now, and we aren't buying in bulk too much. But there are those that have recently woke up to the realization that this government will, and is, trying to ban guns, and ammo. These folks don't have a stock pile, so they are buying up everything they can find. The ammo companies are taking it slow, and easy, so as not to get caught with a bunch of stuff they can't sell.

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
I agree. those that were unprepaired are now trying to catch up and the supply is not handling it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Around here it is every caliber. What you find is about 66% higher priced than a month ago. 22 lr is a versatile round but cannot be reloaded. If this thing goes sideways it will come in handy for putting food on the table.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts