The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
14,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a rolling block that is chambered for 22 short and 22 long. The case length is the same between 22 long and 22 long rifle. The bullets are 29gr vs 40gr.

Is the free bore of the chambers different? Is the twist rate of the barrels different? Can a 22 long rifle be fired in a 22 long chamber safely? If there is any chamber pressure difference the rolling block can handle it.

·
Administrator
14,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hawg. How hard is 22 long ammo to find?

·
Super Moderator
44,807 Posts
I have been watching the CCI website for some Long to shoot in that Winchester 1906 that I have. I look every day and so far I have NOT seen any of it available.

·
Super Moderator
44,807 Posts
From what I read on the CCI website a minute ago, they are the only company that produces .22 Long. I do not know if that is true or not.

They seem to have two varieties of Long, one is called just .22 Long and has a velocity of 1215 FPS and they have one called CB 22 Long with a velocity of 710 FPS. I have no idea what the difference might be other than the velocity, everything else seems the same.

·
Premium Member
21,010 Posts
I have seen shorts but not longs. I didn't think anyone was still making it. I will keep a lookout for it.

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
I find the Long pretty regularly locally. It's easier to find in the CB Long variant. I was buying a couple of boxes of Longs and a guy just had to make conversation and started bragging about how many rounds he had just bought. He was talking about Long Rifle, but didn't know the difference. I hate conversations in gun stores for the most part. 🙄

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Sometimes I hear two guys talking in a gun store and I just have to walk away. Why do they let people like this breed? :LOL:
Oh, I'm sure the gov't has plans to put a stop to that also......problem is though, that most of us deplorables are probably on their list.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts