The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
Local rural gun stores you don't get the idiots.the idiots are at sportsman's warehouse and walmart
Rural gun shops are few and far between where I live. Most of them take the form of pawn shops as well. This particular place I was referring to wasn't a big chain, but it was in town.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
CCI long mini Caps are nearly silent in a rifle.
Shorts will work well. All it would take is a chamber reamer to chamber the gun in LR. Accuracy may suffer in LR- or it might not.
All you can do is try.

·
Premium Member
20,802 Posts
I would of thought every town in mississippi had a gun shop or at least a gun and pawn shop.
Well hawg lives there he outta know what he's got. I have 3 here 10 minutes from me in upstate NY, but none in my town where i live. We have maybe about 2,500 people here give or take.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Well hawg lives there he outta know what he's got. I have 3 here 10 minutes from me in upstate NY, but none in my town where i live. We have maybe about 2,500 people here give or take.
I'm in ny also barely the lgs I go to is in pa. I was just surprised that mississippi as pro gun as they are didn't have more gun shops. I wasn't questioning his knowledge of his own state just surprised.

·
Premium Member
11,548 Posts
Lawton, Oklahoma has a population of maybe 90,000 and only has one LGS and three pawn shops that have any guns to speak of. I have to drive almost a 2 hour round trip to get to a shop with reloading equipment. I think a big part of it has to do with money and the folks in Lawton just done have any.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Lawton, Oklahoma has a population of maybe 90,000 and only has one LGS and three pawn shops that have any guns to speak of. I have to drive almost a 2 hour round trip to get to a shop with reloading equipment. I think a big part of it has to do with money and the folks in Lawton just done have any.
That's amazing!

·
Super Moderator
44,777 Posts
It is said that Athens, Georgia has a population of 129,000, I don't know if they counted the 39,000 UGA students or not. Anyway, we have 5 gun shops that I know of in this area and there is probably another 5 in a thirty mile radius, and that is not counting the pawn shops!

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I would of thought every town in mississippi had a gun shop or at least a gun and pawn shop.
I do live in Mississippi and no they don't. We have had a few over the years but none now, no pawn shops either. The town 30 miles north of us has a gun & pawn but they're mainly a gun shop with a very good selection and decent prices. They have several other pawn shops that sell a few guns. Mostly over priced rusty relics. The town 30 miles west of us has a gun & pawn but I've never been in it. Both of those town have a pop of about 25,000.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
@Hawg would that be Gary's in West Point? If it's still there Mitch's in Hamilton just north of Columbus is a good shop. I haven't been by there in three or four years. That's not much farther than West Point.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
@Hawg would that be Gary's in West Point? If it's still there Mitch's in Hamilton just north of Columbus is a good shop. I haven't been by there in three or four years. That's not much farther than West Point.
Gary's in Columbus. I've bought stuff from the West Point shop too. Gary died during the summer but both shops are still open.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts