The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, do you know of any gun manufacturers that make a .22 LR grease gun M3A1 version semi-auto.?

Thanks for your input,

Bobbarto

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Well, the M3 was a blow back type weapon, I don't believe a 22LR or even a 22 magnum round would operate that very big heavy bolt to any degree of reliability. A complete redesign would have to be done. Of course they could make something that looks like a M3-A1 I guess, they make a M3 Air Soft, but it would just be a big almost empty shell. That wouldn't float my boat, but hey, each man to his own. Having fired the real thing rather extensively in the service, I believe I would be disappointed with a .22. One more thing to consider, there would have to be a market for such an animal before someone sunk that much money into a complete redesign One or two people saying they want one is not a market. JMHO:)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Well, the M3 was a blow back type weapon, I don't believe a 22LR or even a 22 magnum round would operate that very big heavy bolt to any degree of reliability. A complete redesign would have to be done. Of course they could make something that looks like a M3-A1 I guess, they make a M3 Air Soft, but it would just be a big almost empty shell. That wouldn't float my boat, but hey, each man to his own. Having fired the real thing rather extensively in the service, I believe I would be disappointed with a .22. One more thing to consider, there would have to be a market for such an animal before someone sunk that much money into a complete redesign One or two people saying they want one is not a market. JMHO:)
Perhaps an Archangel type lookalike plastic shroud to fit a Ruger 10-22. I wouldn't want one, but who knows who might? Could be a million $ idea for someone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts