The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,223 Posts
I've got two of the Simmons 3-9X32 22 Mag's with A.O. on my two 10-22's. They are an outstanding choice and have worked great for me for years. They hold zero perfectly with good rings installed.

I also have one of the Walmart brand 3-9X32 22 Rimfire CenterPoints that I put on my old Remington bolt action that has done excellent. I really like the illuminated mil-dot reticle. I zero for 50 yards and use a 2-dot hold-over for 100 yards and it works perfectly. I think I paid around $55 and it's been well worth it. Good clear glass.

The key is to use some good scope rings to get reliable service from these inexpensive scopes.

Attachments

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Hmmmm. Has the Mueller APV fallen out of favor? I used to see it recommended for .22s pretty often.
The Mueller APV is an excellent choice for a .22 scope for the over $100 catagory. Last time I looked I think they were around $130. Only one of my .22 rifles cost more than that. Mueller scopes have a great reputation for being good scopes, I don't think they have lost favor with the benchrest shooters looking for one ragged hole at 100 yards.

Many folks like to use a .22 scope that falls in the $50 to $75 range especially when the majority of their .22 shooting will be done at ranges under 100 yards and the current scopes in that price range do a very good job of performing that task. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.