The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Banned
43 Posts
i use an aimsports 2.5-10x40mm on my scoped .22
it has a dual illuminated (red or green with 5 brightness settings for each) mil dot reticle and a 5mW green laser. set me back $100.

i love it. i zeroed it in @ 50yrds with the bullet drop compensator (it's calibrated for 5.56, with 5 presets) set on 1. i can turn it to 3 and hit a gopher's head @ 100yrds... turn it all the way to 5 and i can hit a 6" target @ 200yrds 10 shots out of 10, even in the wind.

Attachments

· Registered
13 Posts
Ya'll stop it.. You guys are making me want to get 3 new scopes. I just put a Simmons 4x32 .22 scope on my Marlin 60, a Tru-Glo 4x32 on my S&W 15-22, and a UTG 4x32 on my AR15. Now I'm wanting something with zoom and AO on all of them. Man I shouldn't have read this thread.

· Banned
43 Posts
I don't see the need for a variable power scope on a .22. This fixed 4X Bushnell does all I need it to do.
i like mine being overscoped... for the same reasons that old semperfi mentioned. "i do not need a spotting scope to see my hits."

honestly, i find nothing more annoying than some inconsiderate moron at the range trying to sight in his scope on his $1000+ deer rifle in a 20mph crosswind and wanting to walk 200 or 300 yards downrange every 3 shots because he or she is too inconsiderate to buy or bring a spotting scope... ESPECIALLY when i have to pay $10 to use the range.

· Registered
9,453 Posts
i like mine being overscoped... for the same reasons that old semperfi mentioned. "i do not need a spotting scope to see my hits."

honestly, i find nothing more annoying than some inconsiderate moron at the range trying to sight in his scope on his $1000+ deer rifle in a 20mph crosswind and wanting to walk 200 or 300 yards downrange every 3 shots because he or she is too inconsiderate to buy or bring a spotting scope... ESPECIALLY when i have to pay $10 to use the range.
Other than CAS I've never been to a range.

· Registered
1,453 Posts
Next time use your scope to help him zero it in. It will be faster than letting him walk down range every three shots.

· Banned
43 Posts
Next time use your scope to help him zero it in. It will be faster than letting him walk down range every three shots.
i usually hand them my good set of binoculars after the second time. if they seem like reasonable folk. but i only have one set of good binoculars that can see clearly out far, my other pair is only about 4x scope.

i like your style. :)

· Registered
13 Posts
I broke down today after this thread, and went to Walmart and picked up two CenterPoint 4-16x40AO scopes. One for my S&W M&P 15-22 and one for the CORE15 .223. I must say tho, those things are heavy scopes.

· Registered
131 Posts
i usually hand them my good set of binoculars after the second time. if they seem like reasonable folk. but i only have one set of good binoculars that can see clearly out far, my other pair is only about 4x scope.

i like your style. :)
I've used my own spotting scope more than once to help get someone zeroed for the same reasons. especially when it is a group of guys and one will have his hand me down rifle that he's never shot or one that he just replaced the scope with one he got used from a buddy. of course no bore sighting etc....

ok I'll get off the soap box. :)

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I'm a newbie here and have been lurking for a while and reading all this great info. I just got back into shooting rimfire after many years away, and have been into adult Airguns for the past 9 years. (don't laugh, adult Airguns today are more powerful and accurate and can take small vermin and game out to 100 yards) In the 9 years of airguns, I 've been through all of the major optics manufacturers and had many failures due to the double recoil that magnum springer Airguns have. Since then I found a optics manufacturer called Hawke Optics and have been using them exclusively. Clear, sharp, bright and will take any recoil from a springer airgun to a .50 BMG. I own/owned just about all of their scopes at one time or another and none have failed me.

http://www.hawkeoptics.com/hawke-riflescopes.html

For a rimfire, the cheaper Sport HD will work great, but all of them will work fine, it just depends on how much you want to spend.

My 15-22 with a Sidewinder(model no longer made)on it. A little over kill for a rimfire but it was sitting on a airgun that I was planning to sell.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.