The Firearms Forum banner

.22 rimfire pistols ???

33K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Danwin22 
A High-Standard Pistol.

There are many used ones on the market. It is hard to recommend one model over another. I would check around. I have a model 107 supermatic Citation. Get one made in Connecticut, not in Texas (where the company is presently located).

Also, make sure you get ORIGINAL Connecticut mags, or you will have trouble with feeding.

Steve

Excellent point, I did not mention High Standard because the new ones are expensive and not as fine as the older Connecticut built firearms. I shot competitively for decades with the Supermatic Citation Model 103. I love that gun and it's grip. My wife still takes the money home from the club fun shoots with it today. :)

I have no critism of the Buckmark or MK pistols. Please see my last post. They are great firearms and I highly recomend them.
Most people do not recommend HS guns because of the fact that the new TX guns are nothing like the older CT guns. Although many older HS CT guns can be found for the price of a new buckmark or Ruger, it is still used, and one has to be able to find one at their local gunstore or *********.

Also, in my opinion, I agree in that they are not a casual target shooting gun. They are for the more serious target shooting competitor who is willing to tinker a bit and do research. Let alone the many models available.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.