The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deciding the best ammunition to use? Can be tough but let's find out? Hey, trying to fin out what the best in your opinion of course is the best 22 WMR ammunition? I use both the 45 grain CCI Maxi mag HP and hornadys 30 grain VMAX both at stellar ammo I push between the two the hornady. What's you opinion and what do you most offer use for beat result. Take in mind the game you generally hunt. image.jpg

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
The only .22 mag I have now is my little NAA PUG revolver with a 1" barrel; Hornady makes a 45gn polymer tip that is designed for this gun but I've yet to find any yet.

Remington (historically the most innacurrate .22 LR ammo) ironically makes the best .17 HMR ammo so I use remington polymer tips mostly for .22 mag, followed by CCI's stuff. So anything by Rem/CCI gets my vote.

I shoot Winchester Dynapoints for 'practice' ammo, it's still the cheapest out there.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Any 22WMR I shoot, pistol or rifle,
works flawlessly....no matter which.
Brand or otherwise.
For a rimfire round, it all seems
good quality.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I tried out the Hornady in my Win 9422m and like it a lot. A little pricey for plinking. About $8 for 50rds here. Normally shoot the CCI Maximag jhp, which is also a good round.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the 30 grain vmax online from gander mountain you can also get the 44 from them as well but I would or should have used midwayusa.com but gander provided me with what I wanted within 4 days of ordering free shipping. Hornady I feel have to power to fly flat and drop what you want.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried out the Hornady in my Win 9422m and like it a lot. A little pricey for plinking. About $8 for 50rds here. Normally shoot the CCI Maximag jhp, which is also a good round.
$8 bucks for 50rds
That's pretty cheap compared to what I paid I spent about 21 online and local stores I pay the same with the tax included

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Then buy online :)
About $8 per 50rounds here also.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright lol so anything specific for different game. What's the opinion

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Armadillo are pretty tough. I'd suggest a solid for them; but they are slow and stupid, so a baseball bat might be your best bet.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts