The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The Presidential election is won based on the moderates in the middle who can go either way. It makes no sense to put up a Republican candidate that is pure right wing conservative if that person can not drag the moderates to the right enough to vote for the republican ticket.

While in theory a pure right wing conservative sound good (like a Tea Party), it will not work as the moderates might not want pure conservatism. It is all about compromise.

We have undergone 6 years, plus two to go, of Progressive liberalism (same as the Clintons) and if we do not pull the moderates to the Republican party we may get 4 to 8 more years of it. At the end of that period the Progressive liberals will have destroyed America as we once knew it.

Let's not hear the call for pure conservatism, but a compromise that will drive the Progressive liberals out of control.

LDBennett
You have some good points when talking about conservatives that compromise when they are in power.But democrats don't ever compromise.Look what Reid did in the Senate.No!compromise at all!The last Democrat that compromised was Bill Clinton when he lost the House and Senate.
Why do we always have too!Reagan wasn't in the middle and he sweep the country.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
That middle will determine the next president. No doubt about that. The problem is that the middle is half azz communist!

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
I think Carver has it - we have caved in (compromised) way too often. I'd like to see a stand-up guy like Ted Cruz, maybe a Marco Rubio, but I don't think that the folks who pull the strings at the top of either party will allow that. Guess my question would be "What is the real difference between a liberal Republican and a liberal Democrat?" Is it that the liberal Democrat will sweep away our rights, while the liberal Republican will compromise them away?

Both the GOP and the Dems slop at the same Federal Money trough. The GOP may pretend to be outraged by the multi-trillion dollar deficit hole we are in, but they dig just as hard as the Dems. They claim to be 'outraged' at Obozo's excesses, but even though they have the POWER (of the Federal Purse) to stop him, they let him continue to do as he pleases. They are just blowing smoke to keep us little people quiet.

I did like President Reagan. He wasn't 100% perfect - the only man who ever was perfect died on a cross 2000 years ago.

·
Garandaholic
9,478 Posts
The Presidential election is won based on the moderates in the middle who can go either way. It makes no sense to put up a Republican candidate that is pure right wing conservative if that person can not drag the moderates to the right enough to vote for the republican ticket.

While in theory a pure right wing conservative sound good (like a Tea Party), it will not work as the moderates might not want pure conservatism. It is all about compromise.

We have undergone 6 years, plus two to go, of Progressive liberalism (same as the Clintons) and if we do not pull the moderates to the Republican party we may get 4 to 8 more years of it. At the end of that period the Progressive liberals will have destroyed America as we once knew it.

Let's not hear the call for pure conservatism, but a compromise that will drive the Progressive liberals out of control.

LDBennett
I have to say I disagree. That is the logic of the media. No actual "conservative" could ever win, but a "real" liberal is ok isn't it? It's all about the "middle". Why? Why should we cater to the middle?...the wishy-washy, undecided, unpassionate folks that are only "in the middle" because they don't really know what's going on. They call themselves "middle" because the media tells them that's the cool place to be. You're supposed to vote for who represents you, not the person the media can convince the easily convinced to vote for. Like the constitution? Vote that way. Think communism is the way to go? Vote that way. If we'd all just do that, the country would be far better off.

Reactions: jim brady

·
Premium Member
19,581 Posts
This sure doesn't have much to do with 22 ammo but I sure don't want to see another Obama in office in my life time.

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
gvw3 - this is every bit to do with .22 ammo - and all other ammo and firearms. Our representatives keep getting more wishy-washy and willing to 'compromise' our rights away. Then we face panics - either ammo panics, mag cap panics or "assault rifle" panics. Best way to end these self-inflicted panics is to stand together and put people in charge who are willing to stand up with us.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I've said this before and will re-state it. I like how some folks use the word "hoarder" like it's a bad thing. Usually folks call others hoarders when the "hoarders" have what the name callers want, but didn't think to stock up on for themselves.

I bought a decent supply of .22LR, but didn't shoot much because supply was still low. Now, one of my local gun stores has bricks for sale weekly. No limits, no problem. The price isn't as good as it was/is at Wal-Mart, but they don't have much out. I have bought 5 bricks in the last two months. Hoarding? Nope, just buying some much needed fun gun ammo. Went and shot .22's yesterday for the first time in several months. It's even fun in the rain!!

Hey LD, stop calling me a nasty hoarder!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Go online and buy some ammo and maybe we can stop all this hurtful mean spirited name calling

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
And I wish people would stop using the term "assault rifle". An assault rifle has a selector switch on it that allows it to go from semi-auto to full auto. Most of us own semi-auto rifles, these are not, and never have been assault rifles! If you do own an assault rifle you paid the $$ for the ticket to own one, and have passed a background check to own it!

·
Garandaholic
9,478 Posts
And I wish people would stop using the term "assault rifle". An assault rifle has a selector switch on it that allows it to go from semi-auto to full auto. Most of us own semi-auto rifles, these are not, and never have been assault rifles! If you do own an assault rifle you paid the $$ for the ticket to own one, and have passed a background check to own it!
I'm sorry Carver, but Nancy Pelosi disagrees. She knows much more about everything than you or I do, but particularly guns. The "AR" in AR-15 stands for assault rifle. Assaulting people, it's the only thing you can do with a gun, don't you know? Guns are evil and an "automatic" gun that automatically shoots people is extra evil. Don't argue with our elite "leaders". They're smarter than us or they wouldn't be in charge, right?

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
45nut:

When people stand in line every week at chain stores that sell ammo and buy ammo every week and it is the same half dozen in line every week then that is hoarding. Or they are buying it to sell at exorbitant prices to gouge the rest of us. I was told about the same half dozen in line every week by a salesperson at the local Turners gun store. I have observed lines in front of BIG FIVE to buy ammo on ammo delivery day.

I myself have an adequate supply because I planned ahead and bought a supply of 22LR ammo to last several years after the last ammo shortage died down in 2009. I did not buy ammo every time I saw it during the shortages to create a hoard way beyond any future needs. I have a grandson that shoots with me and he goes through a couple hundred rounds a week if I let him. I also bought enough reloading components and powder to handle my centerfire needs for the life of Obama's presidency but after the shortages were over in 2009. Some of it I had on order for 9 months!

The dictionary definition of "hoarding" is: a stock or store of money or valued objects, typically one that is secret or carefully guarded: he came back to rescue his little hoard of gold. So I am a hoarder too, I guess but not to the extent of a majority of 22LR ammo buyers today. I bought mine when there was a surplus in the market place not when some people can not shoot their guns because they can not find any 22LR ammo.

We may have turned the corner with the last election. Jobs are becoming available (I think, if the Government is not messing with the statistics before the next presidential election). People are starting to spend money again. We may see some congressional and judiciary action to de-horn ObamaCare. And the cat is out of the bag as to who and what Obama is (a died in the wool liberal progressive who wants income redistribution, no guns, recreational lands tied up in preserves, and lies through his teeth about everything). The number of problems he has created for the masses to get his ideology in place (legal or not) is staggering but is now out in the open, no thanks to the liberal press.

The point: people see an end to the madness and Obama's control, and may loose the paranoia about the future of guns in Amereica. The massive hoarding may stop soon as it did in late 2009.

LDBennett

·
Registered
17,773 Posts
wish people would stop using the term "assault rifle". An assault rifle has a selector switch on it that allows it to go from semi-auto to full auto. Most of us own semi-auto rifles, these are not, and never have been assault rifles! If you do own an assault rifle you paid the $$ for the ticket to own one, and have passed a background check to own it!
If you have a real 'assault rifle' you own a german stg 44

Sturm=storm. Or assault etc...

·
Banned
548 Posts
much 22 going to be at many many walmarts first thing this morning.
since i posted that, i have passed up at least 8000 rounds of 22 from walmarts around here. i did buy 1600 rounds as well from walmarts. i also picked up several hundered rounds of 380 auto, and 500 rounds of 12 gauge all from walmart. i left all that 22 because i have enough and i bought the 1600 22 because i never really have enough. the new normal is going to be either know when its coming and go get it or pay more for it online or from smaller retailers. by the way, i shot up 700 rounds of 22 and 350 rounds of the 12 gauge and gave the 380 away to a buddy who just got a new pistol and couldnt find ammo.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
since i posted that, i have passed up at least 8000 rounds of 22 from walmarts around here. i did buy 1600 rounds as well from walmarts. i also picked up several hundered rounds of 380 auto, and 500 rounds of 12 gauge all from walmart. i left all that 22 because i have enough and i bought the 1600 22 because i never really have enough. the new normal is going to be either know when its coming and go get it or pay more for it online or from smaller retailers. by the way, i shot up 700 rounds of 22 and 350 rounds of the 12 gauge and gave the 380 away to a buddy who just got a new pistol and couldnt find ammo.

You don't see any 380 ammo much,it's almost as scarce as 22lr.I've given lot's of 22 away for what I paid for it many times over the last year.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I've give away almost as much .22 lr, as I've bought this past year. I've limited myself to the CCI Quiet-22 shorts, and the Quiet .22 Segmented HP. To be used by me for squirrel, and rabbit hunting. The neighbors won't know I'm shooting anything!

·
Super Moderator
40,054 Posts
Myles, you don't find the CCI Quite to be inconsistent? I have found that one round will shoot high then the next one low and you can hear the difference in them.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.