The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's how long it's been since my beloved left for surgery & post-op rehab down in Idaho. The dear girl will be back home tomorrow - and then she'll have to quarantine in the "mother in-law apartment" for another two weeks - no contact with poor ol' me, our two cats, nobody. She had to sign all sorts of stuff to that effect, and there's hefty $$ fine if she violates the conditions. Told her we'll pretend we're in an old Jimmy Cagney prison movie and pass notes back and forth under the door. :(

·
TFF Chaplain
18,844 Posts
That's great news!! Finally. Heave a great sigh of relief. Those two weeks should fly by, and they will drag by like molasses in January.

Will she need medical care/physio while she's in quarantine?

How do the authorities check on her to make sure she is staying in quarantine?

I guess the biggest danger would be contacting unknown people on the trip back.

Thanking God for getting you through this and getting you back together.

·
Premium Member
12,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great news!! Finally. Heave a great sigh of relief. Those two weeks should fly by, and they will drag by like molasses in January.

Will she need medical care/physio while she's in quarantine?

How do the authorities check on her to make sure she is staying in quarantine?

I guess the biggest danger would be contacting unknown people on the trip back.

Thanking God for getting you through this and getting you back together.
Her surgeries involved both rotator cuffs, right bicep reattachment, freeing the right ulnar nerve that was somehow tangled up at the elbow, and carpal tunnel repairs in both hands. The heavy duty rehab's been done, and now it'll just be daily strengthening of muscles that'd gone wonky - she'll be working with a pulley type weight lifting deal with the weights being increased incrementally over a period of a month or two. Once she's sprung from quarantine she'll be seeing a physical therapist here in town. As far as enforcing the quarantine, I've no idea how they could possibly accomplish that. Thus far there are just 28 cases of the bug here in our town of roughly 9000 souls, so folks have been pretty good at following the rules.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
That's how long it's been since my beloved left for surgery & post-op rehab down in Idaho. The dear girl will be back home tomorrow - and then she'll have to quarantine in the "mother in-law apartment" for another two weeks - no contact with poor ol' me, our two cats, nobody. She had to sign all sorts of stuff to that effect, and there's hefty $$ fine if she violates the conditions. Told her we'll pretend we're in an old Jimmy Cagney prison movie and pass notes back and forth under the door. :(
Good grief. We don't have that kind of nonsense here in Idaho. Maybe you should have come to Idaho so you could have sheltered in place together.

What is happening in Alaska of all places. Idaho is not like that at all.

·
Premium Member
12,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good grief. We don't have that kind of nonsense here in Idaho. Maybe you should have come to Idaho so you could have sheltered in place together.
She was staying with her son, DIL and grandson (they live in close proximity to the medical and rehab facilities), and was/is on the verge of going stir-crazy bonkers. Had I been down there with her it wouldn't have made it any easier on her - too many people in a relatively small home. The reason for filling out the pre-return flight paperwork has to do with contact tracing. If the test she takes upon arriving back in Sitka turns out to be positive the health authorities will want to know where she is, and who she may've come in contact with during the trip from Sitka airport back home.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Mac was just going to send you a PM. so glad! I think its been hard on all of us... xoxoxo

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
TFF Chaplain
18,844 Posts
Soooooooo, Mac’s been awful quiet the last day or two. :oops:
He has a lot to catch up on, even through closed doors!!;)

And waiting on his bride hand and foot takes a lot of attention and time.:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts