250 US Primers

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/2/02 11:09:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    250 US Primers
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No. 4, adapted to "Climax' and "Ajax" paper shot shells
    "For use with smokeless powders"
    Manufactured by US Cartridge Co, Lowell, Mass.U.S.A.
    In a brown 3x4x1" box, khaki colored.
    These look like reg. percussion caps but for the fact they have a piece of copper across the center of the powder side.
    Picked them up this weekend for a few bucks and was curious if anyone is familiar with'em.

berto
    Endeaver to Persevere

a81492
    (6/11/02 1:13:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 250 US Primers
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    howdy berto

The No. 4 is an obsolete configuration shotshell primer, long ago eclipsed by the now-standard '209'.
    Last use that I personally noted was 'bout mid-60's in some Peters 12ga field loads, a green ribbed plastic hull.

Might tickle the fancy of some collector if original box is good 'nuff & all are present. Failing that, looks like official paperweight staus.

How long
    would a paper have to wait
    To become O' fishal ?

best,
    joey

Edited by: a81492 at: 6/11/02 2:14:44 pm

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/11/02 7:24:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 250 US Primers
    Thanks Joey,
    Box has been shrink wrapped in plastic film. Box doesn't
    appear to be in bad condition, but some primers are loose in the wrap. Bought'em out of curiosity more than anything.

berto out

Endeaver to Persevere

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/11/02 10:55:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 250 US Primers
    I don't know what you paid for them but you could probably make some money on E-bay. THere are people who buy that old reloading stuff.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>