3/26/03

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx Active Member

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/26/02 9:49:02 pm)

3/26/03
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just thought I'd bring this topic uptodate.
    Wouldn't want a BIG GAP between days with no posts, now would we?
    Spring hit wholeheartedly today. It was beeeaaauuuutiful,
    except the charging system on the Pan took a dump.
    Had to hitch home to get my rig an go pick it up.
    Just like the good ol days. (My hind end!) A nice day for hitching.
    Later,

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

TallTLynn
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/26/02 11:50:50 pm)

Re: 3/26/03
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry about the having to hitch berto and I sure hope you get your Harley up and running soon (I know how much you like riding it).

Hope the rest of the week is as nice!

T out

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (3/27/02 8:00:53 am)
    Reply Re: 3/26/03
    What is that old expression Bert that seems to fit when you have to hictch a ride---"SOME DAYS CHICKEN,
    OTHER DAYS JUST FEATHERS". Now just watch it---with my luck the car battery will peter out or worse and I'll wind up walking---hate walking---did you military troops ever notice when you walk along side of someone you od you damnedest to keep in step---is that an example of having had your brain washed way back then? Good luck on your 'wheels' Bert. Wilborn

LIKTOSHOOT
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/27/02 9:20:13 am)
    In my younger days, I picked up a many a stranded rider on the way to the tracks, that saddled a Harley. They would look in the back of my van and see my Suzuki (wash my mouth out) strapped down and on it`s way to the track, to see if I could break it. I never said a word, no reason to doubt a hardcore rider. Hope you get it righted, beautiful machines no matter what. LTS
    T.F.F.

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/27/02 11:23:34 am)

Re: 3/26/03
    Gotta unload it today and check it out. I don't think it
    is anything major.
    Later,

berto

Endeaver to Persevere

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (3/27/02 12:31:25 pm)
    Jeez Shooter, I haven't seen that name in years---SUZUKI. In the mid 70's we lived in California and I had my own plumbing business. My son Timothy raced moto-cross bicycles first and then got interested in moto-cross racing. I bought him a Suzuki 100 first and he cut his teeth and made his bones with that. Damn, I got sick of the term SUZUKI RULES---it was all over his room, and in fact he spray painted it on the block wall fence and had to bust his butt. Roger DeCoster was his hero---a racer for Suzuki from Belgium---I enrolled Tim in the Suzuki School of Moto-Cross in Carlsbad, California. In the weeks and months ahead, he raced all over Southern California and made some very nice wins--it was expensive as hell sponsoring him but money was plentiful---plumbers make beaucoup bucks, and it took mega-bucks every weekend---throw a chain and bust a crankcase means lots to recover. He moved up into the SUZUKI 125's and then turned 16---his choice of a Pontiac Firebird and girls or riding the yellow monsters at the track. He chose this pretty little Chatty-Cathy looking gal and a 75 Firebird---we still have his racing helmet, boots and leathers---guess Tim still has the memories. Kids--ya gotta love 'em, but don't you just feel like kicking their butts up astraddle of their shoulders at times. Wilborn

LIKTOSHOOT
    *VMBB Staff*
    (3/27/02 12:56:23 pm)
    Yep, in those days, Suzuki ruled in the dirt. Mine was a custom built from the ground up 185cc run in the 250 and open class. Shorter wheelbase than the 250`s and 500`s, meant I could slam a burm hard and fast......ride the top over the inside low ridders. Lightweight (fiber metal, alloy`s and plastic) and a wide powerband, built to run with the CZ`s of the day, and they were one fast machine....(High 80`s in the straights) if kept on the curve. All I ever needed was for one of those to be in front of me.....they were bad to foul out off the curve.....Maco`s too. I would bide my time. Regards LTS