3 burst fire legal in washington state?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charles Butler, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Charles Butler

Charles Butler New Member

one of my friends tried to tell that 3 burst fire is legal here in washington state but fully auto isnt, i tried to tell him that 3 burst is almost the same thing and that it is not legal here, but i never checked up on it to see is this legal or not.

2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

The three-round bursts are considered automatic fire and are all but probhibited by federal law. If pulling the trigger a single time fires more than one round, then it's considered an automatic.

It's is still possible to get automatic weapons as long as they were legally in the US by 1986 and as long as you pay the $200 tax to the BATFE. Since it has been illegal to manufacture or import autos for civilian purchase for over 20 years, the cost of buying one of those available is prohibitive to most gun owners.

It's quite possible that Washington state does not have a law disallowing these, but there is federal law in place that does apply.

3. Kingpin46

Kingpin46 New Member

A few years ago I saw a small mechanism that attached to the trigger of a semi-auto and when pulled would cycle the trigger three times back to back. I wonder if that is not what your friend is referring to?

4. Charles Butler

yep thought so you'd have to go through with all the government **** of owning a fully auto to get 1

5. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Where you at in WA? Theres several of us on here :D.

6. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ya, where U at chuck ?

By the way, only 4 posts = Welcome 2 TFF

7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

One squeeze - one shot. That's my understanding.
    However, there're lots of folks that make something you can place in the trigger guard and crank. I've never heard that they are outlawed.
    Other than wasting ammo, I've never seen a use for them.:rolleyes:

8. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

On many AR-15's and clones of it you can file off part of the selector switch to a ponit that makes it full auto, but if donr incorrectly it could mean anything from a raddle in the gun ti it being inoperable. So I don't suggest that.

9. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Cabelas Shooting 2009

Attached Files:

10. Charles Butler

im in yakima and ok ya i see what u guys are talking about and i was just wondering about the true 3 burst fire like the military uses on the m4a1