The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have searched the reloading forum & haven't found the info i'm looking for, maybe someone can help?
I purchased (1000) 150gr, non-cannelure,copper plated, flat nose Berry's bullets for my Win Lever 94 commemorative RCMP rifle( just to punch paper,as the rifle was a gift).I have the following reloading manuals: Lee 2nd, Hornady 7th, Nosler 6th, Speer 14th, & Lyman 49th. All of these books have starting loads at roughly 1900fps. Berry's website tells us not to push them past 1700fps(& crimp w/ cannelure),furthermore, i have the following powders on hand: IMR4831, Varget, H335, RL-22, RL-15.
Obviously, I didn't do my homework:banghead:, my question is, what powder will give me the lower speeds i'm looking for without ruining accuracy? I have read TrailBoss & BlueDot on other ,somewhat, related posts? Thanks for responding, if anyone knows! SgtRock04

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, for the people who generously offered info for my question, best load @ 50yds was 22-23 grs of H335 which gave me a grouping of 1". Good for me now, Thank You to all who rang in. SgtRock04

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
my recipe is 150gr sierra game kings with 33gr of IMR 3031.

are you happy with 50yds.? I'd want to push that thing further. there's guys here who take theirs out past 400

1 - 5 of 5 Posts