.30 carbine hialeah, FLA Round will not fully eject.. Need help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by anoble1, Jan 5, 2016.

1. anoble1

anoble1 New Member

Hi,
    I have one of these cheaper guns. .30 carbine that has a marking on it of:
    Universal Hialeah, fla Pat, 3.382.766
    Anyway, when I start shooting it, I keep getting rounds stuck in the chamber and they will not eject. Any ideas? I have cleaned it really well, and it has done this on multiple occasions and keeps doing it. I guess it happens most when it is hot and after I already shot about 3 out of it. Will not extract, and stuck.
    Is there anything I can do, or something I can replace it with? Don't really want it to be a boat anchor.

Thanks,

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

What's your ammo?

I'm thinking - Wolf?

3. anoble1

anoble1 New Member

Was shooting Tula which was steel casings. Bought some Monarch that was not steel and had the same problem.

4. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Remove the stock and check the gas piston's fore-aft movement. If it's not moving easily, or has begun peening the retaining cut in the underside of the barrel (one of Universal's design modifications), it's probably not imparting enough energy to the bolt's operating slide - which on late model Universals was stamped rather than a casting or forging. Also check the operating slide itself. The late stamped version had a habit of cracking in the area of the bolt lug cutout, and this could interfere with the bolt's ability to unlock properly.

5. CHW2021

CHW2021 Well-Known Member

Without doing anything else, get a box of brass cased ammo and shoot a that. If it works then the steel cased ammo is the problem.

6. anoble1

anoble1 New Member

Tried the Brass from the Monarch. Still same thing. Maybe a little less stuck than steel.

7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Some steel-cased is painted to prevent rusting. Some has a plastic coating on it. Either of these can (in my opinion), if the chamber gets hot enough, melt and stick to the chamber. This would not only cause THAT CASE to stick, but once you got that one out, the residue still in the chamber could cause other cases to stick.

So, possibly, the Tula left a residue, and the residue is causing the Monarch to stick also.

8. anoble1

anoble1 New Member

I cleaned the doo doo out of it ha. I will clean again also. I don't know much about taking it apart but will and see if I see any cracks and such too.

9. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier Well-Known Member

There is a port in the barrel that allows gas to enter the piston. I expect the gas port and piston need cleaning.

10. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporting Member