The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MidwayUSA has received a shipment of these rifles and finished sorting them.

We have GREAT NEWS – We’ve finished sorting and grading the M1 Carbines and will turn them on for sale Tuesday, June 8 at 8:00 AM CDT. We’re letting you know ahead of this date/time because even though all emails go out at the same time, not all email service providers deliver emails in a timely fashion. Since you signed up, we’re giving you time to plan so you have a fair chance to buy the specific gun(s) you want!

Grab your wallet as they are starting in the $1100 range............ I'll pass.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I have been anxiously waiting on them to post the graded pricing structure and what they have to offer. I got the email right before my little girl's softball game and it was delayed because of rain, so I checked out the prices. What I saw is $1200-2400 or so. No, I don't need one that bad. A guy can dream though, right?...

·
Premium Member
20,091 Posts
I would like to have one but not at that price. I got the email also.

·
Super Moderator
42,021 Posts
We have an earlier thread about the Carbines where we were guessing at the price of them when released - If I remember right, my guess was about $899, looks like I was about $300 shy! No way I would pay $1199 for one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Last year I bought one of the Inland Ethiopian M1 Carbine re-imports from Royal Tiger. The price at that time was $799; add $100 for hand pick. I shelled out the additional $100, and what I got was mechanically almost new, but the stock was pretty beat up. I wish I’d bought two or three at that price. I just looked on Midway’s site, and for the equivalent of what I believe I have is about $1700. The price has nearly double in about a year. That’s a real shame. I think everyone should have an M1 carbine, but not at that price. I wish Auto-Ordnance and the new Inland would get their acts together and make a good replica for about $700.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a couple of carbines a few years ago. One was an extremely rare desire: I wanted one from the first real month of production............Found one and it was not inexpensive; but, June 1942 was my wife's birth month. The other is sometime in early 1944 and the price was right for the time. These prices appear to be a few hundred high for me. However, Midway may have guessed at the market. Time will tell.

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Haven't been very impressed with Midway's pricing or availability. I tried to get on a list for powder and primers months ago and never heard anything from them. NADA. Larry Potterfield might be a nice guy, but his company stinks. Those prices for M1 Carbines are way too much. You know he didn't pay anymore than 2 or 3 hundred each for them tops.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was considering buying one also, but my excitement for them went away when I saw the starting price, nope not gonna pay that.

·
Super Moderator
42,021 Posts
I sent them an email this afternoon telling them that they had way "over priced" them for the commoners!

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I received an email this morning from MidwayUSA that all the 30 m-1 carbines have been SOLD.................

Reactions: jim brady

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Reminds me of a story about a guy who was trying to get rid of an old sofa. He put it outside of his house with a sign that read "FREE". It sat there for 2 weeks and nobody wanted it. He then put a sign on it "For Sale - $50"

It was gone the next morning. Apparently somebody is thinking they got a great deal from Midway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts