The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to load some #12 shot shells for my Charter Undercoverette in .32 H&R and possibly .32 SWL. I have never seen shot capsules for .32, but the card stock upper and lower wad method seems doable. What I don't have is any kind of load data. Can anyone help with load data, or point me in the right direction? I have some manuals with .38 special data, but not for .32 H&R or Long.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any data but I did find this: https://www.sagesoutdoors.com/32-caliber-shotshell-wad-kit/ If you click on the green "Click here for directions" and read to the bottom it mentions that Speer #13, page 594, has data for it. I have a Speer manual somewhere but can't seem to find it. If I do find it, and it is #13, I will post a picture of that page.
Thanks. I have #12, but it only has .38 Special and .357.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try again, I am not a subscriber either but I got to see it.
Nope, all I see is a true blue load for 60 gr of shot topped with a 60 br bullet in .327 Federal Magnum.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Not a subscriber either, I was just pointing out the part where he had tried it in the .32HR, and it just didn't hold enough shot to really do any thing.
Some food for thought, I tried .45acp shotshells in my 1917 Colt with pretty dismal results. I had a handful of '06 fired blanks. Stuck them in a half moon clip, and cut them off flush with the cylinder. First loads were a light charge of W231 under a thin cork wad, #9 shot, cork wad on top with a heavy roll crimp. After a lot of experimenting, I used a shotgun powder, .45 gas check, cork wad, and roll crimp. To get a tighter pattern and more range, I dripped pure beeswax into the loaded shot. Death on snakes and quail.
Don't remember what the powder was, but I started with a light load for a 2.5" .410.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts