The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 32 Iver Johnson that was given to me by my dad and would like to find out some info on it. I know it is a 32 and the SN# on the trigger guard is 11706 and under the handle it's this same only with a S11706. I can't tell you about the hand grip because they are missing. If anyone can help date this gun maybe tell me if it's black powder and what hand grips I need. This gun will probably never be fired it has only personal value. Thanks for any info in advance.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Well, don't know with out more information it would be difficult to determine just what you have, however one use of the "S" prefix was on the small frame Safety Automatic Revolver ( automatic refers to the ejection of the cartridges, not the action ). Serial number 11706 would place it being manufactured in 1907, black powder. If, that is what you have.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info. I found this site "Numrich Gun Parts" and they have some pictures of of the same gun broke down into a parts list. It also dates it around the 1900. I ordered the hand grips from them. Once again thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts