The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an IJ double action model 1900 32 cal. pistol Can you tell me what year it was made? Serial #B 7097. I would like to know what it could be worth in good condition? This# is on trigger guard. There is a B 9097 under grip.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Is that the serial number from under the left grip, a Letter prefix is very important in correctly identifying your firearm, if there is truly no letter prefix with the serial number under the left grip, then it was made in the first year of production and is considered a black powder only firearm. If there is a letter prefix, then all bets are off. What it could be worth??? Iver Johnson made inexpensive reliable firearms but it is rare for one to bring more than 200 if brand spanking new in the box, most sell for less than a hundred dollars. If you're thinking to refinishing an old Iver Johnson, I would advise against it unless it was a a labor of love, You would never recoup the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.