The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I worked for an FFL with a store front. He had a box of old Iver Johnson and clone style pistols from the teens and 20s. I bought one and kept it briefly before getting rid of it because it had problems but out of curiosity I've tried to look it up and found nothing like it. It was either an Iver Johnson or H&R or a clone of that, looked exactly like the hammerless models that are of course double action only except it fired .32 S&W Long, not .32 S&W. It was surprisingly very accurate when it did work, but eventually it would work out one of the pins as I was firing and finally after a couple boxes of ammo the cylinder timing had gotten so rough it wasn't worth trying to fire it anymore and I sold it back to him. But anyways every now and then I remember it and try to look up information on it but don't find anything about a hammerless like that made by any of these companies in .32 S&W Long. Anybody know what it would be?

·
Registered
435 Posts
So many companies making revolvers back then it's hard to say who actually made it.
I do know Iver Johnson offered their 3rd Model Safety Automatic revolvers (hammer and hammerless) in a six shot .32 S&W long that was built on the larger .38S&W frame from 1910 until at least the late 1930's.

I'm not into H&R but I've seen six shot .32 S&W long top break hammer revolvers from them so it wouldn't shock me if they also made some hammerless versions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts