The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,634 Posts
Welcome to TFF.

These are not high dollar collector items and usually sell for less than $100, but the engraving and grips will add interest if original and undamaged.

This model also had a unique and odd action in which the hammer rose up clear of the firing pin after firing as a safety measure.

I imagine it would do better in an auction than in your local swap forum.

· Registered
5,350 Posts
Pictures would help determine the condition and aid in assessing a value. But no , in this case a low serial number doesn't really effect the value, only condition on the firearm. will.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My toolmaker husband (35 yrs in trade) says that the sight looks factory to him. Revolver belonged to my Grandfather, who was an Army National Guard Champion Rifle Team Member prior to WWI. Possiblity it was an award. I'm a crummy photographer but will try again tomorrow in the daylight.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Second pic is dead on ... I do see the difference in the sight... I don't know when or where Gramp got it, definitely not his style, so I can only assume it was a gift or prize; all of his trophies and medals ( NRA & Military) were kept upstairs.... never saw this revolver or the medals until after he had passed.
Taking better pictures in the morning.... Thanks!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.