The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,882 Posts
Very good. Wish we had space like that to shoot here...

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Excellent shot!
I didnt have any sound on the video, but was wondering what brand ammo and how was the wind conditions?

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
CCI Standard Velocity,

15 Feet of drop
11.7 Inches for wind

17 Mils for drop
1 Mil for wind
Nice...REAL nice!
The CCI's is what I mostly shoot but havent made it out past 300.
Need a better mil-dot scope.

NICE shooting!!!;)

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Fabulous shot. Love it when you folks show your long distance shooting. Would you tell about your nice looking rig?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CZ 452 Scout
Klinsky stock
Yo Dave Trigger Kit

DIP 0 moa Rail
Blackhawk rings
SWFA SS MQ 16x scope
USO bubble level
Haris Bipod

·
Super Moderator
41,418 Posts
Shooting at 3430 yards, hellfire, I can't even see that far.

Great shooting and I do love the area.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Thanks guys.

Im always looking for Ideas for cool videos, and challenging shots. Any Ideas?
As a bit of a joker, I always wanted to make a spoof video of "The Worlds Greatest Rimfire Shot". A guy dressed in buckskins w/coonskin hat making a shot through a Lifesaver Candy at some incredible distance. With a mock TV News crew there to document it.
1st show a reporter on the shooter end with the shooter. Then another reporter at the target end who shows the target. Then back to the shooter end where the shooter does all the classic prep. Picks up handful of dirt and slowly releases it to gauge the wind. Adjusts his sights etc. He lays down w/a classic Indian style tripod made of sticks. Carefully aims and fires. In the distance you see the 2nd reporter, standing far to the side of the target, go down. Having been hit the obviously badly missed shot. Of course you would actually fire a blank. Shooter stands up as people run past him toward the downed reporter in mock horror. Last pic you see is of him shrugging.
I bet it would be a Youtube hit.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
I would find videos of your "work up", determining and adjusting for the drop and the wind, including the misses, entertaining and educational.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would find videos of your "work up", determining and adjusting for the drop and the wind, including the misses, entertaining and educational.
Next time I am out there messing around I will make a more detailed video :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts