The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through some old boxes and found a box of 270 grain 375 weatherby ammo.The price tag was from 1968 for $40.00.Does anyone know what they might be worth now ?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
The only replacement ammo I could find was on the Weatherby site and it's $124 a box.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
$124 is about right if it's Weatherby brand ammo. Could you confirm the brand please? There were very few factory loads in the Wthby calibers from others, but there were a few.

Box and ammo in good condition?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Midway has Weatherby brand listed for $104 for a box.
(And out of stock too...seems to be the current fad with all ammo, even the odd calibers! :))

That's one of the Weatherby mags that I didn't mind shooting.
It's nowhere near as brutal on the shoulder as the bigger mags like the .378 or even the .30/.378.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I once picked up a box of 30-378 Weatherby for $119 at Sportsmans. It gave me tight bolt, something my 99 grain RL22 reloads didn't. I called Weatherby and gave them lot number, it was recalled. I still got to take it back to Sportsmans. I guess it's rare, but does occur.

That 30-378 is a kicker, but man you should see the look on them caribou & moose when ya blast them with that gun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$124 is about right if it's Weatherby brand ammo. Could you confirm the brand please? There were very few factory loads in the Wthby calibers from others, but there were a few.

Box and ammo in good condition?
It's Weatherby ammo.The box is in good shape and the ammo is like new

1 - 6 of 6 Posts