The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a .380 that he has had for God knows how long. He locked it in a safe that I had to break into last night. I got it out and was looking at it with intention of cleaning but ran into issues with getting it apart. Got it apart with some very nifty work with paper clip to hold block down. After playing and inspection I see that there should be some sort of stub shaft on the end of the screw to hold spring in place. The screw is there but it seems that there is about a .25 inch shaft missing that should go though the other side and stick out when spring is pressed and block is turned.

I would love to see a picture from someones partly taken apart with close up of screw and spring assembly. I believe I understand how it should look but would like to see. And if someone knows if I am missing pieces, where to get them. Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
I might be able to find you a break apart diagram for it if you post a picture of it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see it to be number 8. I have been searching more and found a sight gun parts corp, that listed it a being sold out. Part number 502900. It doesn't show a picture, but description seems right. They call it a take down screw vs. take down shaft. I would like to still see a picture of one up close to see if it is what I think it is. Thanks for the feed back and hope to see somemore info if there is any.

·
Premium Member
9,581 Posts
Sorry I tried to blow up just the section that has # 8 part but could not do it:(
Mike

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I have a sterling 400 sitting in my shop. Your looking for the take down shaft? Its basically a screw with about 1/4 of the threads removed from the end. Probably easy to make. Ill let you know what I come up with. I got this gun for 20 bucks from someone. It shoots really well. Its low but it groups great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have taken the screw out Sunday and took it to work.with me yesterday. I was hoping.to show it a gun smith I trust and he knew. excarly what it was. Ha ha... He tried to get one. online but no dice. If I had a chance to go today, I was going to try.to go.by a machine and see what the ability the would be of making one. Thanks. Again. Btw, forgive all the punctuation, my phone is jacked up and trying auto correct. what doesn't need correcting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts