The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With .380 going for 80$ a box I finally picked up a 95gr .356 mold.

I've been trying to pickup the last few molds I've been missing so I can be kinda sorta self sufficient.. At least till my powder and primers run out. :rolleyes:.

I have a little time off this week. Gonna try to do a few casting sessions and get at least 1 jar/box/can of everything I shoot cast up and maybe lubed.

·
Premium Member
9,862 Posts
Good for you. I still haven’t gotten my poop in a group since our move. What mound did you end up getting?

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lee to 356 95 rf

95 gr8 RN fp. Looks like a single microgroove grease groove. Since 380 may be unavailable for who know how long.

Tried to get a 124 95gr lrn as well.. But most molds are out of stock everywhere. Watching a couple on a couple auction/ sales sites.

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya.

Me and another reloader and a shooter friend in my area have been doing trades. Tray of primers for this.. Bag of 1x brass for that. Bag of ready to load cast,sized, lubed, gas checked etc.

Problem is.. The most important stuff.. Primers and powder are nla.

I have about 50 pounds of range scrap lead that averages 10ish bin plus about 40 pounds straight lead. I have about 3# linotype and 3 of Lyman #2 and maybe 3# tin.

I need to clean my barn.. I THOUGHT I had another 40# of mixed ingot.. Some lead some wheel weight lead.. But I havn't seen it in a while. It's possible I already used it up.

So maybe just 100# ... Need to scare up more.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you have or are already set up to cast 115gr. or 124gr. ,356" projectiles, you might find it worthwhile to try the heavier bullets in the little cartridge.

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see any data past 100gr projectiles.

·
Premium Member
4,236 Posts
I just borrowed a .45acp mold from another member. The borrowing has already started.

Reactions: Firpo

·
Registered
17,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm casting .454 balls for 3 of my BP revolver buddies.
Resource sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts