The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend stopped by and gave me a 1 gallon Zip Lock baggy of Ram Pick up ..40S&W brass. I need to de-cap/sort and tumble it all. I am going to need more SPP by the time I am done. Also gonna need some more bullets, This score yielded over 400 cases.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not knowing your budget, I’ll repeat info I’ve reported before. Everglades ammo has a clearance on new primed 40 S&W, Nugent headstamp, manufactured by Jagemann. Primers are iffy. They report 10% failure to fire. I’m using them in plinking and new load development. They are 100% in my Beretta PX4 Storm, but my Springfield EMP doesn’t like them as well. I did fire off 100 rounds of them today. I was able to fire all 100 rounds, but about 15 took multiple strikes to set off. Nonetheless, I feel 1000 primed new cases for $99 to be well worth the potential pain, YMMV.

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only have a Hipoint in .40S&W, mostly just a plinker gun, I have only ever bought 1 box of Factory Ammo for it (and That box still has 25 rounds in it. that is what I started reloading for. Never had a problem with it.

I spent over an hour decpping 450 cases tonight, now it is time to wet tumble dry and prime the cases.

I have never found New Cases for .40S&W but then I really don't look for them either.

Reactions: markr6754

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tumbling and priming of the cases will have to wait until later today (it is4:27 am now. Wife had me digging out the pre-lit Christmas Tree and all our ornaments Tree decorating will be Thanksgiving evening.

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With what I sent you a few weeks ago, you should have enough brass to last your lifetime!
Yep It should but in these uncertain times I figure the more I have of every caliber I shoot the better, I will be loading more .45acp, 30-30, 30-06. .357 Mag, .38spl. Finding other components has been next to impossible. Primers is going to be hard to get.

Reactions: markr6754

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sometimes brass can have a mind of its own. On my range trip yesterday the gods themselves were giving me brass. We had a continual gift of hot 9mm and I believe some 40 S&W (won't know till I decap everything) falling onto our very heads. I could tell from the few cases I picked up that it was once fired brass. The gifting continued for almost an hour...then suddenly stopped. It's possible that it wasn't actually a divine gift but merely the result of the 6'7" shooter in the lane to our left...but hey...a gift is a gift.

Meanwhile, I was losing my own precious 9mm and new 40S&W cases as they bounced and flew forward of the shooting line into No Man's Land. They have to call it that as no woman would be stupid or foolhardy enough to attempt to retrieve brass from the Hot Lead zone.

I'm hoping that the 40S&W is at least as good as what I lost, and NOT Blazer or Arsmcor. I'll tackle it when I have some downtime these next few days.

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could Donate it for the Christmas Giveaway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts