The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 410 diamond arms with intent of doing some engraving and carving during rebuild. unfortunately I can't seem to find info on who actually made this piece, and when. I found stevens, rochester, savage, and possibly two wthers, who might have been the manufacturer, and still can;t find a number to put to the shotgun. any ideas on how to find info so I can order a stock and forearm, plus a fining pin?

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
picture is worth a thousand words......

·
Registered
570 Posts
There were MANY names used for the various hardware store guns, including Diamond Arms (Shapleigh hardware store, St Louis), mostly from Cresent Arms. Several other companies ended up making some also, both for Cresent and on their own. Best bet is to look at a bunch of others and match yours to it. Various names and models, same gun. Numerich may well have some of the parts you need and may help you cross reference. Hardware store guns do not seem to have much value at all as they were made in scores for the working man, to use. Cheap, utilitarian, type. Most will work and last forever, just nothing fancy. I have several hardware store guns, would be lucky if any of them would bring $150.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Bntyhntr was correct in telling you that you will just have to look at pictures and matchnup your particular gun. I have a bolt action .410 that needs a stock, and I decided that the state lotto has better odds. I gave up on my search and decided to just buy a new .410 when I win the lotto.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Diamond Arms Co. seems to be a registered Trade Name used by Shapleigh Hardware of St Louis. As such they had this name engraved on guns they sold. They would place their orders with the lowest bidder, who ever that might be at the time. Some of the shotguns seen with Diamond Arms Co. markings, were Stevens. H&R, Tobin, Crandal, Iver Johnson and possibly Belgium imports. Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts