The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might like a glimpse at my new High speed camera in action:

The gun is a performance center custom model 629 snubbie in 44 magnum with a C&S Extreme Duty fixed rear sight and the master revolver action package. The ammo is Buffalo Bore 240 grain 44 magnum +P Deer Grenades

·
Premium Member
19,860 Posts
Thats cool. How is the recoil with the +P loads?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats cool. How is the recoil with the +P loads?
Its is actually not that bad. It has a bit of flip due to the short barrel but the impact is not horrible. Now, the 340 grain +P+ loads I put in my Redhawk are quite a pop!

What part of central Fl we may need to meet and film my Ruger Blackhawk 30 carbine
Just north of Tampa. And I have always wanted a 30 cal Blackhawk. Its on my grail list with a 357 Maximum Blackhawk.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
44mag +P .. i didn't even know that it existed.

anyone know if you can shoot it in a colt anaconda?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
44mag +P .. i didn't even know that it existed.

anyone know if you can shoot it in a colt anaconda?
Buffalo Bore states:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=232 said:
This load is designed to be safe in ALL/ANY, all steel firearms that are in normal operating condition. We do not recommend its use in lightweight alloyed revolvers as the bullets may jump the crimp.

But personally, I would be hesitant to use it in an Anaconda only because the availability replacement parts and the value of the gun.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
are anaconda parts hard to come by? being a colt i figured it would be a good gun. mine's the longer bbl version.. 8" maybee? hefty sob. looks well made. never given me a moments problem.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
are anaconda parts hard to come by? being a colt i figured it would be a good gun. mine's the longer bbl version.. 8" maybee? hefty sob. looks well made. never given me a moments problem.
They are great guns and I long for one myself but as they are out of production I would probably baby mine. I do the same to my Dan Wesson even though they are tough. I am afraid of running hot ammo in it just in case. I mean they are getting hard to find.

Now here is a Ruger only load:

340 grain Buffalo Bore +P+ with a velocity of 1,478 fps and a Muzzle energy or 1,649 ft. lbs:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Double post, Ooops

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
that muzzle blast kinda reminds me of the wrist pounding fit my sw 500mag puts out. also a long bbl model.

·
Registered
383 Posts
They are great guns and I long for one myself but as they are out of production I would probably baby mine. I do the same to my Dan Wesson even though they are tough. I am afraid of running hot ammo in it just in case. I mean they are getting hard to find.

Now here is a Ruger only load:

340 grain Buffalo Bore +P+ with a velocity of 1,478 fps and a Muzzle energy or 1,649 ft. lbs:

Well there's no need for a flashlight with this revolver at night.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
sweet!

and I thought my amt automag III in 30 arbine was a flamethrower

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Try lighting off one of these things in the dark! I can promise you that a flash light won't do any good for a few seconds! If you want to know how much powder you are burning in the barrel, and not out the end of the barrel, fire on in the dark!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The gap between the clylinder & barrel may be excessive on the first photo to produce that fireball??
The cylinder gap is actually .005

Its just that these rounds always do this in my snubbie 44.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think it's the amount of gun powder used over the cylinder gap. I'm sure I did stretch the frame a tad on my ruger super Blackhawk by d shooting max loads all the time. I was tightening the grip frame screws slot too..

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
Dang! You must be very recoil hardened with handguns because that beast didn't look like it had much recoil at all! Especially for a snubbie!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts