The Firearms Forum banner

44 Magnum Muzzle Flash Captured by High Speed Camera

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Maser 
#1 ·
Thought you guys might like a glimpse at my new High speed camera in action:

The gun is a performance center custom model 629 snubbie in 44 magnum with a C&S Extreme Duty fixed rear sight and the master revolver action package. The ammo is Buffalo Bore 240 grain 44 magnum +P Deer Grenades

See less See more
#4 ·
Thats cool. How is the recoil with the +P loads?
Its is actually not that bad. It has a bit of flip due to the short barrel but the impact is not horrible. Now, the 340 grain +P+ loads I put in my Redhawk are quite a pop!

What part of central Fl we may need to meet and film my Ruger Blackhawk 30 carbine
Just north of Tampa. And I have always wanted a 30 cal Blackhawk. Its on my grail list with a 357 Maximum Blackhawk.

#6 ·
44mag +P .. i didn't even know that it existed.

anyone know if you can shoot it in a colt anaconda?
Buffalo Bore states:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=232 said:
This load is designed to be safe in ALL/ANY, all steel firearms that are in normal operating condition. We do not recommend its use in lightweight alloyed revolvers as the bullets may jump the crimp.
But personally, I would be hesitant to use it in an Anaconda only because the availability replacement parts and the value of the gun.

#8 · (Edited)
are anaconda parts hard to come by? being a colt i figured it would be a good gun. mine's the longer bbl version.. 8" maybee? hefty sob. looks well made. never given me a moments problem.
They are great guns and I long for one myself but as they are out of production I would probably baby mine. I do the same to my Dan Wesson even though they are tough. I am afraid of running hot ammo in it just in case. I mean they are getting hard to find.

Now here is a Ruger only load:

340 grain Buffalo Bore +P+ with a velocity of 1,478 fps and a Muzzle energy or 1,649 ft. lbs:

#9 · (Edited)
Double post, Ooops

#11 ·
They are great guns and I long for one myself but as they are out of production I would probably baby mine. I do the same to my Dan Wesson even though they are tough. I am afraid of running hot ammo in it just in case. I mean they are getting hard to find.

Now here is a Ruger only load:

340 grain Buffalo Bore +P+ with a velocity of 1,478 fps and a Muzzle energy or 1,649 ft. lbs:

Well there's no need for a flashlight with this revolver at night.

#14 ·
Try lighting off one of these things in the dark! I can promise you that a flash light won't do any good for a few seconds! If you want to know how much powder you are burning in the barrel, and not out the end of the barrel, fire on in the dark!

#15 ·
The gap between the clylinder & barrel may be excessive on the first photo to produce that fireball??
The cylinder gap is actually .005

Its just that these rounds always do this in my snubbie 44.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.