4th of July...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 12:37:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 4th of July...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Who besides me takes CR's out back and shoots some as a tradition on the 4th?

This year I may take a few, I still haven't managed my dreamed about "Ten Gun Volley Tsarist/Soviet Salute to American Independence." Can't get enough volunteers in the neighborhood...

The closest I came was the "Austro-Hungarian/Japanese Co-Prosperity Declaration Day Volley" a few years ago with my M95 and my son with his type 38...

Maybe tomorrow it will be the VKT, the Finns haven't saluted us yet, have they?

I think it all started when my Dad ALWAYS fired the shotgun on the 4th and New Years Eve...

REMEMBER, it's your DUTY!

"The day will always be celebrated with bonfires, guns, and ..." (I think it was Jefferson who said that...)
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/4/02 1:35:39 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 4th of July...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wish I could but the local law be on so fast and hard it's not worth the effort. What hurts is I have 2 cases of 30 06 blanks. And a whole lot of other things that go boom in the night such as my pair of 37mm launchers and a bunch of bird bombs.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

Edited by: jeeper1 at: 7/4/02 2:36:47 am

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 7:58:19 am)
    I have a similar restraint - urban area that would frown on such discharges. However, there has been rumours of someone after dark rapid firing blanks from an AK somewhere in this vicinity --- (chuckle, chuckle)
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 8:11:04 am)
    Polish.....just make sure there's no AC-130 circling overhead.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/4/02 1:19:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 4th of July...
    Yes,

It has been a tradition for me too on the 4th and
    New years, although my woods are too thick for
    target shooting, I still will rap off with one of my
    gems today!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Moskovskyya
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/4/02 5:07:47 pm)
    I save all my scrap / leftover / unknown powder all year. For the 4th I make a big firecracker with said powder using a foot or so of the heavy paper tube that carpet is rolled up on. Just after dark every year we have a 2-3 lb firecracker discharge, and plenty of M44 shooting as well as the usual tracer display. The old powder "must" be disposed of correct? And I understand burning is the proper method. You guys in the urban areas, feel comforted, we here in the sticks will represent you!

Dozvedaniya

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/4/02 9:31:32 pm)
    Hope your roto tiller stays below the ridge line unlike New years!
    cointoss2

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/6/02 7:03:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Only in America...
    I put 30 rounds of Albanian x54 through a Finnish M39 and a Russian M44 I never fired before...to celebrate American Independence and Freedom...how ironic.

And all the while thinking this may be the ONLY country on earth where doing this is still legal...

However, the $87 worth of fireworks I set off after dark with my neighbor's $125 worth was fun too, but the next morning I couldn't help but thinking I could have spent it on another M39...it's amazing I can talk my wife into buying fireworks every 4th but not another gun...

But the rest of the subdivision was rocking too...bunch of closet pyros and demo guys must live around me...the sky was lit from dark to about 11:00...

But the mortars and "the Rocket's Red Glare" were pretty cool too...as well as everyone who was watching, standing around when it was done with a sparlker singing "America the Beautiful..."

You gotta love the 4th in Indiana!

(And oh yeah, I was impressed with the VKT, NICE group...)

(And no power equipment was harmed during this celebration... )

"Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/6/02 7:37:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Only in America...
    Polish you answered my two questions!
    cointoss2

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/6/02 9:06:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Only in America...
    Poor rototiller was probably hiding behind the shed, quaking and shaking!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"