·
Super Moderator
26,856 Posts
So they were about $18 a box?

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm holding my breath hoping this wasn't a mistake in pricing.
Here's hoping we get some good news for a change.

·
Registered
686 Posts
My Wal Mart (Stillwater, Oklahoma) had ten of those bulk packs yesterday morning,,,
As well as twenty 100-round packs of Mini-Mag Hollow Points.

I left them all on the shelf for someone else.

I stop in there for a few minutes every morning,,,
It's right there on my way to work,,,
I've got it down to 8-minutes.

They usually have something in the .22 rack once a week.

But the brands I want are the Federal 550 round packs,,,
The 325 round packs of Federal Auto Match,,,
And CCI Standard Velocity.

I'll clear the shelves when I see any of those brands.

BTW - six months ago those 333 round packs were only 14.95 at my Wal Mart.

Aarond

·
Super Moderator
40,000 Posts
Just got back from Wally Mart - I have truly NEVER seen the guns and ammo department so decimated! There were maybe half a dozen boxes of shotgun shells and one 50 round box of .40 and someone bought that one while I was looking. They also had eight long guns, I did not pay attention to what they were.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hope nobody buys them and tries to resale them for 3X as much. I assume everyone learned from the last 22 scare and has bought an ample amount since then so there shouldn’t be as much demand this time around.
If I see any on the shelf I’ll just leave them there. Don’t need any more.

·
Premium Member
19,570 Posts
Walmart doesn't raise its price during these ammo shortages. I was able to get 3, 555 packs of Federal bulk a few weeks ago for $23 a box. The problem is someone usually buys it all right away. In the last ammo shortage, they had a limit of 3 boxes. They didn't do it this time. No limit.

·
Super Moderator
26,856 Posts
I just got back from china-mart. 1 box of 280 and 1 box of 300 WM is all they had as far as centerfire, no rimfire. I would've been in great shape if I shot 28 gauge. Lots of those.

·
GUNZILLA
6,443 Posts
During the last shortage I would continue to buy rimfire ammo whenever I would find it at regular prices. We would go to Academy and Walmart and I would take wife so she could buy her limits every time. Academy and and Walmart never raised their prices. But the only ammo I bought was always CCI or Aguila. I remember still paying the $8.99 for a box of 100 of cci. Then when president Trump took over I began to buy them by the case.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Local Wally here $19.51 per Federal 550
I managed to snag a box of Federals from Wallymart about a month ago. The box looked old though. Kind of like it had been sitting in the back of an old warehouse forever. The ammo all looked OK so we will see what happens when it gets shot.

·
Administrator
11,910 Posts
I managed to snag a box of Federals from Wallymart about a month ago. The box looked old though. Kind of like it had been sitting in the back of an old warehouse forever. The ammo all looked OK so we will see what happens when it gets shot.
I bet they go bang!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts