The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Pawpaw40 said:
Talking to the guy at checkout, said they had gotten 3 pallets the morning before, and that was all they had left.
WOW!

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I was in Tyler, TX yesterday Christmas shopping. Stopped in Superior Outfitters just to see what they had. Their ammo shelves were virtually bare, except for 7 boxes of S&B 9mm, FMJ. No outrageous markup, $20/box of 50. Bought 3 boxes for my BIL. Talking to the guy at checkout, said they had gotten 3 pallets the morning before, and that was all they had left.
Good thing I didn’t see those. I would have had all 7 boxes out the door with me. I guess that’s what makes me feel better for somewhat hoarding the .22LR.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The price of .22lr went up??
I haven't kept track of .22s since last time it was over 15 cents per.
I was stocked up then & haven't shot much since, so I still have about 5k rounds or so. LOL

·
Banned
122 Posts
I was stocked up then & haven't shot much since, so I still have about 5k rounds or so. LOL
Most of my life having 5,000 rounds of 22 lr would seem nuts. Now it is just good planning. Probably close to that here. I gladly supply kids, the grandkids, and now the great grandkids starting this year. No such thing as too much 22 ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It hasn’t gone up much and it’s still the cheapest ammo you can buy. Especially right now.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It hasn’t gone up much and it’s still the cheapest ammo you can buy. Especially right now.
It hasn't gone up much?
Last spring I bought a case of 5000 rounds of Aguilla .22 ammo for $189.95 plus $14 shipping. My son bought a case of Remington T-Bolts for the same price. On their website now the same ammo is listed for $999.90 per case of 5000 rounds.
Last spring .038 per round. Now .20 per round. That is a 500% increase.

Reactions: DCman

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Considering I’m still finding it here and there for 4.2 to 5.5 cents a round, I think some of y’all are shopping in the wrong places.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You're right so far, but just a year ago I could find it for below 5 ct a round, now it's 15 ct or more. Remington Thunderbolt was 3.6 ct a round, now it's 23.4 ct.
This is going to sound like a strange response, but just go with it....type a number, then push and hold the Alt button, while typing 0162

·
Super Moderator
27,558 Posts
This is going to sound like a strange response, but just go with it....type a number, then push and hold the Alt button, while typing 0162
You do it first.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yeah, yeah..... The cent symbol. Except mobile phones don’t have an Alt button.

·
Super Moderator
27,558 Posts
I tried it, all it did was open my gmail account.

Reactions: accident

·
Registered
687 Posts
I pop into Wal Mart every morning,,,
It's on my way to work,,,
Takes me 10 minutes.

I see ammo there about once a week if I'm lucky.

Today they had Winchester Wildcat 100 packs for $7.98 per pack,,,
I think that's their normal price for that ammo.

I left it all on the shelves for someone else,,,
i really don't need any more HV stuff.

Aarond

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are you?

·
Registered
330 Posts
...then I guess we should get back on subject....my local Sportsman's Warehouse shows Armscor 36 gr. HP's for 4.98¢ / round.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
I'm glad I stocked up on .22 a few years ago when it was readily available and inexpensive. If I gathered up all the std vel and high vel stuff of different brands and counted them I believe it would be around 7-8K rounds. Maybe more.
EDIT: On another note I can't help but recall my teenage years when my mother had a part time job at Sears and using her employee discount I would every other week purchase a brick of Ted Williams .22LR for $7.00 and change. I shot tens of thousands of those over the years.

Reactions: DCman and howlnmad

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bought some Winchester HP in the 222 round boxes today. 5.5 cents per round. They had other boxes at 14 cents a round and CCI was 20 cents. No limit....I bought another 1,000. Ahhhh, for the days back in '06 and '07 when a bulk packs were $6. Same price 500 were back in 1964. 1917

41 - 60 of 67 Posts