The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bought some Winchester HP in the 222 round boxes today. 5.5 cents per round. They had other boxes at 14 cents a round and CCI was 20 cents. No limit....I bought another 1,000. Ahhhh, for the days back in '06 and '07 when a bulk packs were $6. Same price 500 were back in 1964. 1917
My kingdom for .22 LR @ a penny / round.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Our local Wally stores no longer carrys ammo.Everything is gone!Used to be a good source at good prices.
Well, it’s been a few months since I posted this. Now.... no ammo on the shelves for weeks. Dunno if they quit selling it or if they’re just not getting any.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
The local scuttlebutt is that certain Walmart employees are giving a heads up to their families & friends as to when ammo arrives and what they're getting. Sounds a lot like the Obama/Biden years ammo drought when they did the same thing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The local scuttlebutt is that certain Walmart employees are giving a heads up to their families & friends as to when ammo arrives and what they're getting. Sounds a lot like the Obama/Biden years ammo drought when they did the same thing.
I have heard of the same thing happening here in one of our stores. A couple employees were doing the same thing then the relatives and friends were selling the ammo for a profit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gee...and I remember back in the early 60's...Loudly complaining when the price of .22LR went above $.01/round!

61 - 67 of 67 Posts