5 Overrated Guns...

Discussion in 'Firearms News, Reviews, and Featured Articles' started by greggs, Mar 5, 2016.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

You think the k11/31 are over rated?

2. Swiss_Gunner

Swiss_Gunner Well-Known Member

Ahhh heck no, i wanted to emphasize the opposite!:confused:
    I wanted to say, that more people should take a look at these rifles.

soundguy likes this.

3. Marlin_1895

Marlin_1895 Member

Well this has made me reconsider wanting to own a Gewehr M43, thanks for the video.

4. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

Long ago I tried to fix a G43 action. The rifle was a shooter which had been abused and sporterized. As I recall, the corrigated bolt carrier guide was a horrible design. The bold carrier could, and would, fly off the weapon because the guide was unstable and could not be bent back into shape for more than a few shots. The man who owned it got rid of it. After that I had little desire to own a G43.

A 1916 vintage Tula MN has been in my collection for 40+ years. It has all matching numbers and was never rebuilt. This old rifle shoots with great accuracy and reliability. The last time I had it out at the range I used surplus Finnish ammo. I was pleased with the fine shooting and the design is rugged and sound for a military bolt action. It is not in any way an over rated rifle in my opinion.

Iron Eagle likes this.
  5. Guy Sesa

Guy Sesa Active Member

Pretty good report till you took on the thompson. Your thompson is not even a thompson, just a cheap stamped out version. The real thompson, the Sgt Saunders thompson is the m1928a1, machined receiver, cutts compensator, top charge handle thompson. A real american classic that could never be overated. Years ago took my teenage daughter to an indoor range in Eugene, Or. to shoot one, an experiance she and I will never forget. If you dont know who Sgt. Saunders is your really missing out.
    RB92

Rothhammer1 and dbcooper like this.
  6. CHW2021

CHW2021 Well-Known Member

I have to stick up for the Mosin rifles, while they are not pretty and match grade accurate they do all they were designed for. While they lack the grace and polish of many other rifles they are absurdly durable and about as "soldier proof" as you can build a gun.
    I bought mine (all) for less than $100.00 each and with ammo at $90.00 per 880 round crate delivered you can not tell me they are a bad deal for a high power rifle. Mine are nothing special, but all will group about 2" at 100 yds with surplus light ball ammo. I would not hesitate to hunt with them and have taken my m44 pig hunting several times, it is heavy, but I know I can count on it to do it's part.
    The current prices show me they were doing better than most retirement plans.

7. Rothhammer1

Rothhammer1 Well-Known Member

Combat Saunders.jpg
    Combat game.jpg

Guy Sesa likes this.
  8. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

I prefer the old military guns to anything being made now. The reason is the price. A new M1A is $1600+. That is way too much money. I have wanted one for years, but that is too expensive. Grab the Mosin, head for the range, and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Rothhammer1 likes this.
  9. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

I let my Mosin go. I don't have a place to shoot it where the noise won't get the police out to my place.