5 worst carry pistols...

Discussion in 'Firearms News, Reviews, and Featured Articles' started by greggs, May 2, 2016.

1. roundball

roundball Active Member

My carry gun is a Glock23 loaded with factory hollow points. I have been lectured on the impossibility of carrying gun due to size. I was carrying a G27 at the time. When I got my permit the instructor criticized my "cap and ball revolver"-a 5.5 inch Vaquero in 45 Colt. Briefly, I explained how a second shot was generally not needed. When I find a good holster the G23 will become second and a 4.75 Vaquero in 45 Colt will be #1. The loaded rounds may get me into trouble.

Guts3d likes this.
  2. Hasaf

Hasaf Active Member

When I had my CCW in Northern California we had to re-qualify every two years. A man I knew at the DA's office used his cap and ball revolver to qualify one year. The hardest part was reloading and following range safety procedures.

He shot pretty well, not as well as he did with his service pistol; but still managed to hit the target. Of course, at that county they didn't actually score the targets, all they were doing was watching for safe handling.

3. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

I like this. ...but I would carry it if I had to! Man, you live in Chicago! :)

gvw3 likes this.
  4. SA1911

SA1911 Member

Gun writers are the least reliable sources of firearms knowledge. Gun writers are entertainers. Their objective is to stimulate readership by printing very controversial, contentious, and outright stupid stuff in prayer that it'll create readership that translates in to advertising revenue.

5. AaronW

AaronW Well-Known Member

Here is a good video on 25 vs 22lr in a short barreled carry gun that is pretty informative.

6. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Active Member

Worst would be a Raven 25acp.

7. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Probably, yes.

8. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Active Member

I couldn't finish the video, the guy's an idiot.

You use the tools at hand.

9. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Use what you have to survive.

10. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I still don't find 25 acp's impressive compared to 22lr. I know at least 2 people and know OF a 3rd, that have went to the hospital with 25 acp wounds. all were treat and release / were taken care of with tweezers and a bandaid.

I also know, and know of, people that have been shot with 22lr. Of the ones that survived, all required surgery.

25 acp is just not a firearm I'd carry.. unless i was planning on making eyeball shots...