The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
I was shooting at a rock on the side of the hill

Not the side of the hill
Not trying to be a jerk but, I could go out and do the same thing. If I hit the rock I say look at that first shot hit what I was aiming at. It could have been any rock in the whole side of the hill covered in rocks. To us there is no specific target. Now if you had a rock painted Dayglo Orange and said That is what I am aiming at then sure that's a right decent shot.

G

·
Could you have walked out there at 600 yards lobbed a shot at a hill side covered in rocks and exclaimed "Look at that" if you hit one?

There is no target per-say to base accuracy on is what I am saying.

My daughter who has never fired a centerfire rifle laid down behind a friend of mines 308 and first shot put one in the x-ring at 1000 yards.

I am not saying any of this to be a jerk. What I am saying is we the viewers need a reference point to know what your aiming for. He showed us a hill side covered in rocks. We don't know where he was aiming we can only assume he was aiming at that specific rock.

Had he placed a pound of tannerite out there and blew it up with one shot we would have known what he was aiming at. Had he put a clay on a white board we would have a reference point to know OK he is aiming at that.

No where did I say it wasn't a good shot. It was a damn good shot.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess you will have to take my word for it that I hit what I was aiming at. lol

If you have watched any of my other videos you would not doubt me so much haha :D

Here is one for you where I call what I am going to hit.

· Registered
18,148 Posts
I thought you were aiming for the fly that landed on the rock, but missed and just hit the rock. ;)

Nice shootn. Do you keep a running log of your cold bore data?

· Registered
18,148 Posts
I watched it again and caught the vapor trail. that's cool.

G

·
I guess you will have to take my word for it that I hit what I was aiming at. lol

If you have watched any of my other videos you would not doubt me so much haha :D

Here is one for you where I call what I am going to hit.

Never said I doubted you. Just pointing out what I saw.

· Registered
18,148 Posts
No, My rifle has no cold bore shift. I can shoot a cold bore shot and it stays right in the group.

Has not been cleaned in over 600 rounds :eek:
That's why it doesn't have much of a cold bore shift. It has to have some sort of cold bore shift ere regardless though. Physics simply says so. IF it truly doesn't then you have the 1 rifle in the world that I am aware of that puts cold bore shots in the same POI as the rest.

Typically for .308 a cold bore (Clean Bore) will impact up to a half mil low in some cases, depending on load. The average seems to be about a minute low across the board considering all practical barrel lengths. The only consistency is they are low, and its due to the slightly reduced pressure of less fouling between the bullet and bore and the cool steel not pinching the bullet so tight. Less pressure equals less velocity, and less velocity means a lower POI. Your rifle barrel/bore is made of steel just like every other rifle barrel/bore. It simply cannot react any different.

Unless its magic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.